Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 10:58 AM

799 posts, read 2,168,577 times

Advertisements

May relocate to work up near Butler.
What is Cranberry Township like for schools, high schools specifically?
What about renting a townhouse or a condo?
I am from Indiana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 04:09 PM

353 posts, read 1,728,600 times
Cranberry is the fastest growing area in North Pittsburgh.

The school system is Seneca Valley: Seneca Valley Senior High School
Cranberry Area School District, Pennsylvania Public School District - Overview - SchoolMatters (http://www.schoolmatters.com/app/location/q/stid=39/llid=116/stllid=151/locid=953408/site=pes - broken link)

Apartment/condo/townhome rentals: Cranberry Township Apartments For Rent, Find Apartment Rentals in Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania

Old 08-11-2007, 08:56 AM

2,902 posts, read 10,068,224 times
Quote:
Cranberry is the fastest growing area in North Pittsburgh.
Actually, believe it or not, from a purely statistical standpoint, Cranberry is one of the fastest growing niches in the country right now.

Old 08-12-2007, 09:02 PM

522 posts, read 1,793,975 times
As such, it is ridiculously expensive. There are a TON of condos (read: apartments in large apartment complexes for sale instead of rent) going for $160,000 or so. That's 900 sq. foot and no yard. Pay a couple hundred on top of that for "homeowner's association fees" and you're looking at around $1,200 a month for a 2 bedroom apartment with particle board cabinets and cheap carpet. I like the Cranberry area, but it is one of the only "hot" areas near Pittsburgh right now, and is not a very good value. Once the boom for the area is over I see prices declining there, not appreciating. Having said all that, it is a very nice area and has a lot to offer, so if none of the above is important to you, check it out!

Cap

Old 08-27-2007, 11:04 AM

4 posts, read 14,870 times
Default Bradford Woods

We work in Cranberry Twp and live about 6 miles from work in Bradford Woods.
It's tucked in the woods (thus the name). It's a wonderful community and close (but not too close) to everything. We just moved here last Oct and had never heard of it before. It was a real find!
It's just about 30-35 min to downtown as well- which is a plus!!
We love it.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:16 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,963,947 times
I just drove down Rt. 228 in Cranberry and Adams yesterday for the first time in 10 years and didn't recognize anything. The two-lane road with woods on both sides that I remember is now a five-lane highway with traffic lights, apartments complexes and tract housing going well into the hills, chain restaurants and strip malls and office buildings. I'm sure there are tons of places you could find to live out there. I can't be sure and I don't know, but the schools must be bursting at the seams with all that growth.

Old 10-28-2007, 05:32 PM

8 posts, read 50,772 times
I've lived in Cranberry for 18 years and love it. You have all the conveniences... shopping, restaurants, low Butler County taxes, 30 minutes to downtown Pittsburgh, lots of great neighborhoods, great activities for kids and a great school district (Seneca Valley) which unfortunatley is on strike right now.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:20 PM

77 posts, read 83,311 times
You may want to wait on that move. The area has become more expensive. Speaking of the Seneca Valley schools...the teachers are on strike right now so there is no school. They want a 30% raise and paid healthcare for over 600 teachers. Add that taxpayer cost to the basic services and roadways needed for all this growth and you will soon see those "low Butler county taxes" start to look more like Allegheny county taxes. In my area of Butler county a fixer upper on an acre of land starts at $270,000. The growth in this area is astonishing. I can't start to tell you how the sprawl has changed everything. My family is looking forward to moving away.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:58 AM

86 posts, read 423,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gswpa View Post
In my area of Butler county a fixer upper on an acre of land starts at $270,000. The growth in this area is astonishing.
Wow, I wish that was the case for me...I am trying to sell a 4 br single family home in the center of cranberry that needs some TLC, and I am only asking 108K for it, and not one taker...I want to head to florida!

Shawn

Old 03-09-2008, 03:01 PM

570 posts, read 1,411,431 times
With the Westinghouse Nuclear campus being developed in the Cranberry area, continued growth in retail and residential development is almost a certain for several years. With an additional 4000 plus good to high paying jobs coming to Cranberry over the next few years, boom town should continue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh