Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2011, 09:18 AM

29,807 posts, read 34,670,390 times

Advertisements

I was rear-ended this morning at the merge point where you get off the Liberty Bridge to get onto the Boulevard of the Allies. There's not much damage, but I need to get some estimates for the other guy's insurance company. Any recommendations? Those in the Dormont/Mt. Lebo/ Greentree area would be most convenient.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 09:25 AM

911 posts, read 2,382,348 times
DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT go to rorich collision. they did a terrible job on my scion and i would not go back to them for anything

Old 05-18-2011, 09:35 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,754,728 times
It's been years, but I had a car fixed once at Premium Collision which is now on Library Rd. (Was on Saw Mill Run when I went there, that's how long ago.) They did a good job. It's kinda south, technically Bethel Park there, but still in the general Mt Lebo vicinity.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:41 AM

1,519 posts, read 2,686,852 times
I had a small fender bender last spring and took my car to Wolbert Auto Body in Crafton because a friend recommended them to me. They did a nice job. It's also walkable to the West Busway from there if accessibility to reliable public transit is at all important to you.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:17 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,390,047 times
D.P. in Presto, right outside of Bridgeville. Guy does fantastic work. Our insurance company even recommended him.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:42 AM

1,045 posts, read 2,237,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
It's been years, but I had a car fixed once at Premium Collision which is now on Library Rd. (Was on Saw Mill Run when I went there, that's how long ago.) They did a good job. It's kinda south, technically Bethel Park there, but still in the general Mt Lebo vicinity.
I second that!
They are right on the second curve after you pass the Connor Rd intersection on Rt 88.
Ask for Phil or Joe.
Just had my car done there and it is SUPERB work.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:11 AM

780 posts, read 1,392,445 times
Since this is in your best interest to get as much $ as possible to make sure your repairs are quality, I'd get at least three quotes if you have the time and make sure they are all using OEM parts and make sure one of them is from a "dealer" body shop. You can always negotiate with body shops of your choice (don't use the "recommended ones" from the other person's insurance carrier and no, they can't force you to go anywhere, although you probably already know this) after the fact when the other person's insurance company cuts you the check.

Have your three estimates in hand but don't share them with the adjuster that comes out to take a look at your car. What insurance company did the other person have? Since they rear ended you, I assume you are at "no-fault" and it will be a simple case. If the adjuster comes out and gives you a price somewhere in the middle of your 3 quotes, you are probably doing well (as long as they are close together). If they low-ball you, you then have your info. and I'd only show them the 2 highest quotes you received. If they give you more $ than your quotes, then you are good to go.

Sorry I can't help on actual body shops on that side of town.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:02 AM

110 posts, read 194,470 times
unfortunately anytime the body shop looks at your vehicle it is reported so that there is a record for your vehicle where does people think the car fax reports come from with all that detailed info, but there is options for you if you plan on keeping the car till you"run the wheels off it" and you are not planning in trading it in and you still owe money on it than do what I did get this finalized and have them send your settlement check to the car loan company and get that paid off sooner, as long as the damage does not interfere with the safe operation of the vehicle and is not totaled than you can do whatever you want with the money unless you are still paying on it than your loan gets it any way but if it is paid off than you get the cash for the cost of the damaged parts, I would save it and use it for a down payment later or put it away to put in for your retirement make that money work for you, just be smart.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:21 AM

2,001 posts, read 2,525,850 times
Petraglia on Liberty avenue. he did excellent jobs with all my cars. Oh you say in the South... Barney's in carnegie, on Rt 50. Across from TJmax.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:23 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,721,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRiteMA98 View Post
Petraglia on Liberty avenue. he did excellent jobs with all my cars. Oh you say in the South... Barney's in carnegie, on Rt 50. Across from TJmax.
I had this bozo ( Barney's) do some paint work on my car about 12 years ago. Very lousy job, that did not hold up. Hard to believe that he is still in business. I would avoid at all cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh