Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 12:02 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,206,193 times

Advertisements

Any other non-Pittsburghers who find themselves following this forum semi-regularly?

From time to time, I follow various forums, usually just for a few days, a week at the most, occassionally even for a month or two. But for whatever reason, Pittsburgh remains as a forum I continually keep coming back to.

Anyone else find themselves attracted to this Pittsburgh forum, even if they don't live there?

If you live in Pittsburgh, any non-Pittsburgh forums you find yourself drawn to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 07:35 AM

570 posts, read 1,412,038 times
I check the forum out several times a day if I have the chance. I find breaking news to start off here more times than not buy someone inquiring about the story as it's developing and unknown to the media. I also have used the forum to inquire about basic questions. For instance I went to the Super Bowl and inquired in the Fort Worth forum about the best local steak houses and other city questions. Got great feed back.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:09 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,632,827 times
Question for the non-Pittsburghers. What is your Pittsburgh connection?

I live in Pittsburgh and sometimes look at Cleveland, Portland and Austin. I also check the music and TV forums

Old 02-11-2011, 09:20 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,092,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
I have friends there, and lots of friends down here who are from Pittsburgh so I hear about it a lot. I'm a Steelers fan and went up there for a Superbowl party this year. But mostly I enjoy the people on this particular forum and all the threads about new projects being built and old buildings being saved. AA's photo tours are awesome. This is one of the best forums on city-data, IMO.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:57 AM

2,179 posts, read 3,405,303 times
Quote:

I live in Pittsburgh and sometimes look at Cleveland, Portland and Austin. I also check the music and TV forums
Born and raised. Haven't lived there for years, but still have extended family, aunts, uncles, cousins, a lot of friends, and so many memories..

Old 02-11-2011, 10:04 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,632,827 times
Quote:

i forgot to mention that I look at foruums for other cities because I haven't travelled much and those citties I would like to visit sometime (except Cleveland. I made it there last year.)

Old 02-11-2011, 11:21 AM

602 posts, read 2,034,647 times
I'm from Youngstown, and this is one of the forums I follow the most, as I like Pittsburgh and I'm down there a lot.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:47 AM

16 posts, read 21,073 times
I'm in New York City but moving back to the 'Burgh in June. When I started thinking about moving back, I found this site and have been hooked ever since.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:10 PM

137 posts, read 274,764 times
My husband is from Pgh, and every year (when our lease comes due for renewal) we contemplate moving back. This year he's gotten as far as contacting a (single - ugh) recruiter.

I'm hoping to move up to Pgh this year before July. Time will tell!

Old 02-11-2011, 01:51 PM

4,277 posts, read 11,791,444 times
I'm not in Pittsburgh but visit with some regularity. Who knows, we could wind up there some day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh