Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography > Photography Contests
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 10:54 AM

18,129 posts, read 11,770,718 times

Advertisements

~*~ May 2009 in your Home State Discussion ~*~

Let's discuss April! Please sub to this thread so you could find it!

Post your pictures here -

https://www.city-data.com/forum/photo...ml#post8601708

Last edited by 2goldens; 05-01-2009 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: corrections
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 05:54 AM

FedUp w/NY !! AWESOME! Love the colors!
So good to see you again!
Welcome back! You can't see so I'm telling you, I've got a BIG smile on my face!
(hugs)

Old 05-05-2009, 07:04 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,910,555 times
Fedup - your photo is a masterful, powerful and moving statement, excellent in its execution! You've come a long way in your skills and continue to be an inspiration to all of us!

Old 05-05-2009, 07:20 AM

2,972 posts, read 8,218,772 times
I made a mistake in the date of the photo, it was taken on Sunday, May 3rd (not the 4th as I posted).

I was downtown and just happened to be in the right place at the right time. There was a ceremony going on in the Naval Park that I didn't know about. I scooched down next to another photographer to capture the moment. He looked over my shoulder to see the picture I took, he then set his focus on getting the same shot. I can't describe it, but there's something about the young woman..... the look on her face. It made me ask myself, what is she thinking about? Who is she reflecting on in this moment of silence? Hardly will I take a picture of someone I don't know, but she was worth the photograph.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:53 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,886,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
I can't describe it, but there's something about the young woman..... the look on her face. It made me ask myself, what is she thinking about? Who is she reflecting on in this moment of silence? Hardly will I take a picture of someone I don't know, but she was worth the photograph.
I agree with you that she is obviously giving some real thought to something.

The one that catches my eye though is the Master Sargent. He has a look also that makes you wonder what/who he is remembering. Looking at your photo brings out one thing I really like about Honor Guards, doesn't matter rank really. Here the two ranks you can see are Staff Sargent, and Master Sargent (Air Force Honor Guard here) and yet both have a very somber, thoughtful expression and really ARE giving Honor.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:34 AM

2,972 posts, read 8,218,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
I agree with you that she is obviously giving some real thought to something.

The one that catches my eye though is the Master Sargent. He has a look also that makes you wonder what/who he is remembering. Looking at your photo brings out one thing I really like about Honor Guards, doesn't matter rank really. Here the two ranks you can see are Staff Sargent, and Master Sargent (Air Force Honor Guard here) and yet both have a very somber, thoughtful expression and really ARE giving Honor.
I have a few more pictures I took from the day, I'll make up a new thread.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:53 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,823,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Fedup - your photo is a masterful, powerful and moving statement, excellent in its execution! You've come a long way in your skills and continue to be an inspiration to all of us!
I heartily agree with everything Bibit said about your photo, FedUp. It is GREAT to have you back among us, and you've obviously continued to hone your skills during your absence.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:21 PM

No new Home State photographs?? Are the flowers blooming in your home town?
The Dogwoods?

Old 05-14-2009, 07:37 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,910,555 times
Patience, my dear..perhaps PhotogGal and I can come up with something next week. Wait, edit that...PhotogGal always can come up with something...not sure about me!

Old 05-14-2009, 07:51 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,823,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Patience, my dear..perhaps PhotogGal and I can come up with something next week. Wait, edit that...PhotogGal always can come up with something...not sure about me!
The only problem is, bibit612, that I won't BE in my home state. Does just over the border count?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography > Photography Contests