Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 09:37 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,221,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkadellia View Post
I'm lost....is there a theme yet..or ????
I think it's architecture ... or at least I hope it's Architecture!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 09:45 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,995,359 times
Signs of Spring? It must have been 92 degrees today where I live. More like Summer.

I think general "spring" photos (flowers blooming, birds nesting, spiders spinning webs, etc.) would be a good contest topic. Or how about more artistic themes like "Wind", "Sweet", "Unusual Perspectives" or "Aged"? For example - "Aged" pictures can be anything thats old (grandparent, old can, tree, rusty nail, rotted apple, etc.). We can really see some of the creativity of our fellow CD members.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:27 PM

7,913 posts, read 934,825 times
Is there a theme yet? And when can you enter? Can you enter more then one photo?

Old 04-16-2008, 11:58 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,364,204 times
Theme?? Start date...end date?? What knid of cameras allowed?? I am LOST!!!

Old 04-17-2008, 01:17 AM

7,913 posts, read 934,825 times
What is the theme for the next photo contest? When can i enter the contest? when is the contest over?

Old 04-17-2008, 04:31 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,901,592 times
Guys, make sure your reading all the posts in the thread.

Great ideas form everyone.

Some thoughts:

Contest theme: Architecture

Start Date: May 1st (I'll draft the Contest OP ASAP)

As far as displaying pictures, there is a feature built into the forum software that might help with that. We'll see how it works and just use this contest as a test on it.

Seems most everyone is OK with letting the same person win multiple contests so I guess for now we'll say all are OK. So ILNC, get your picture taken!

Pictures must be taken since April 1, 2008 so please be honest guys. This is for fun and to get people out shooting.

Did I cover pretty much everything?

The OP for the contest will cover the other details but basically you'll be able to submit your pics on May 1.

OK?

Thoughts?

Old 04-17-2008, 05:17 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,084,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Couple of things for ya'll to think about and comment on and we'll get on with the next contest.

3-How about flowers for the next contest? Or would you guys rather a more general 'spring'?

EDIT: Also, I'm changing the title of this thread to attract more posters.....
How about a more specific Spring contest like <insert color here> flowers or birds in trees ...I like the idea of a Spring related contest but you might get fresher pics if you make it more specific.

Hey, how about a Spring photo scavenger hunt where you pick 3 -5 spring items that you want people to photograph and people are not voted on by a single photo but by the set of 5 photos they submit. If you did something like this, I'd give people until the end of Spring to find the subjects and take their 5 photos. I also would not combine everyone's photos when the contest was over (too much work).

Old 04-17-2008, 06:06 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,333,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Hey, how about a Spring photo scavenger hunt where you pick 3 -5 spring items that you want people to photograph and people are not voted on by a single photo but by the set of 5 photos they submit. If you did something like this, I'd give people until the end of Spring to find the subjects and take their 5 photos. I also would not combine everyone's photos when the contest was over (too much work).
I really really like that idea for when we do the Spring theme, that sounds like loads of fun!

Old 04-17-2008, 06:31 AM

2,972 posts, read 8,221,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post

Contest theme: Architecture

Start Date: May 1st (I'll draft the Contest OP ASAP)

Pictures must be taken since April 1, 2008 so please be honest guys.
Did I cover pretty much everything?

YES!

Thoughts?

Close this thread

Old 04-17-2008, 07:08 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,901,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
Thoughts?

Close this thread
LOL

I hear ya and understand. It does appear some have missed the changing of the theme from flowers to architecture!

I'll leave the thread open for future discussion though. We need a place to talk while the contest is running.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography