Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2008, 11:42 PM

412 posts, read 1,752,243 times

Advertisements

Hey any one here have experience with photoshop? I just bought it and I am just figuring out how to use it and everything it can do. It is pretty easy to use but there are somethings that I wonder if it can do, can you cut out certain things in pictures in photoshop? Can you take parts of other pictures and put them in one picture with photoshop (not like a collage, like if i were to cut out a part of my body and replace it with someone else's), if so how do you do these things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 08:14 AM
RH1

1,160 posts, read 4,234,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaipur View Post
Hey any one here have experience with photoshop? I just bought it and I am just figuring out how to use it and everything it can do. It is pretty easy to use but there are somethings that I wonder if it can do, can you cut out certain things in pictures in photoshop? Can you take parts of other pictures and put them in one picture with photoshop (not like a collage, like if i were to cut out a part of my body and replace it with someone else's), if so how do you do these things?
The clone stamp tool is very useful for blotting things out of a picture or introducing elements from other pictures. You specify the area you want to copy (either shift click or ctrl click, can't remember) and then just paint it over another area of the image or another image entirely.

I find this useful for painting textures over something you want to lose - it avoids having to sample a colour and end up with flat colour, which can often look odd. Have a play with it, it's quite fun.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:18 AM

10 posts, read 26,787 times
Yes, you can do it easily. Anything can be done in PS, it's all possible.

When doing swaps (heads, whatever) I prefer to use the lasso tool...lasso what you need, feather, then paste it onto the photo you're working on and work on it as layers.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:09 AM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
I use Paint Shop Pro, but you can do all kinds of silly things with it too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/pugbug/City%20pics/DeeBark.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-27-2008, 12:43 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
Default A free online version

https://www.photoshop.com/express/landing.html

Old 03-28-2008, 04:17 PM

167 posts, read 591,004 times
There are tons of tutorials for photoshop online, even videos on youtube. I use Photoshop CS2 and just love it. Yes, you can swap heads, add backgrounds, and more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography