Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 11:14 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,819,647 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 06:47 PM

311 posts, read 467,288 times
These are GREAT pictures Thank You.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:20 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,350,601 times
I am so sorry that we had to come home from ABQ last Thursday

Old 10-11-2013, 05:52 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flower54 View Post
These are GREAT pictures Thank You.
Quality wise they're not.

OP: Next time you go, try to get there earlier, to get better skies, and find an elevated position to shoot from. Put the camera on a tripod as most are not sharp, and position yourself where the sun is lighting the balloons from one side versus from the top because the way it is hitting them now you lost the colors too because the sun was above and gave you glare, and smog.

Here's some better images to inspire from:
The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta - Images for Media

It is a very colorful festival, so your main goal when photographing it is to capture those wonderful colors.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:37 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,763,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post

OP: Next time you go, try to get there earlier, to get better skies, and find an elevated position to shoot from. Put the camera on a tripod as most are not sharp, and position yourself where the sun is lighting the balloons from one side versus from the top because the way it is hitting them now you lost the colors too because the sun was above and gave you glare, and smog.

It is a very colorful festival, so your main goal when photographing it is to capture those wonderful colors.
They are great pictures. He was there, you were not...

Balloon_091006_3Mbps.wmv - YouTube

Unedited... Too many videos and pic's, not enough time....

Hundreds of school kids screaming and running around:

Albuquerque Aloft - 2012

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 10-11-2013 at 07:48 AM..

Old 10-11-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post

Balloon_091006_3Mbps.wmv - YouTube

Unedited... Too many videos and pic's, not enough time....

Hundreds of school kids screaming and running around:

Albuquerque Aloft - 2012 - YouTube
I thought this forum was to help out! What standards are you using to determine when the word "great" is used? Please explain, because I am trying to understand for my own personal knowledge. I explained why they were not, so please help us all out and explain why you think they were!

Old 10-11-2013, 07:50 AM

What does " being there" have to do with my comment?

Old 10-11-2013, 08:12 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,819,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Thanks Poncho, and yes indeed I was there though my photos are amateur as is the camera so can't please everyone! Nonetheless it was awesome, almost overwhelming to see so many go up at once. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I have friends visiting from out of town right now and they are just loving it here and having a lot of fun! Very fun for the kids too. Here are some more as I went again on Wednesday morning.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:20 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,763,246 times
Quote:
I thought this forum was to help out! What standards are you using to determine when the word "great" is used? Please explain, because I am trying to understand for my own personal knowledge. I explained why they were not, so please help us all out and explain why you think they were!
Technically this forum does not have defined parameters. The title of this thread is "Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta". This thread would just follow the Terms of Service which every user has agreed to when they registered; Terms of Service (ToS). One part of the ToS states: "Rude posts will be removed and infractions issued."

Old 10-11-2013, 05:52 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:

A lot of what I see in the "images for media" looks overly colorful rather than captured colors. So, let me leave it at that.

The OP manages to get the point across: the spirit of the show and kudos to the person. We all post good and bad shots, and that adds more value to this forum than simply discussing quality.

BTW, I don't see a point to using tripods for most of these shots. If anything, it is perfect situation to move around and capture a variety of situations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography