Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 06:36 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,583,633 times

Advertisements

Hey people, me again. Well, my phone has pretty much bit the dust. I can't stand using it anymore. I can only see the screen when I barely crack it open, otherwise I can't see it. Half the time, if I'm texting someone, it accidentally closes and I lose whatever i was typing. Also, it just looks plain weird for someone to text like he's hiding something. My contract has also been up for about a month, so I'm under no obligation.

I'm wondering what the best cell phone carrier is for Phoenix and most of Arizona, or the west in general, if getting broader; the important thing is to sign up with a carrier that has great reception in Phoenix. I was looking at AT&T, as they have a good selection of phones, and I'm a fan of the rollover thing. I currently have Sprint, and it's not so great.

(And if anyone's wondering, I'm moving either late May or early June next year, so it's of importance! )

So, thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 06:45 PM
F40

826 posts, read 859,367 times
I have Verizon ,have been using them for about 10 years. I can't remember ever having any problems with them.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:16 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,033,394 times
I've had Alltel, Qwest, T-Mobil, and AT&T...I now have Verizon and think it is the better of them all. However, I don't notice much of a difference except my internet speed is faster with Verizon. Also, the iphone is being released for Verizon in Dec. or Jan. so I plan on trading in my Blackberry for one of those!

Old 08-05-2009, 07:22 PM

39,117 posts, read 51,366,781 times
I recommend Verizon as well. Best coverage in the western US (including AZ) by a long shot. Now, with Alltel, they probably have the rest of the country blanketed too.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:55 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,756,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic View Post
Hey people, me again. Well, my phone has pretty much bit the dust. I can't stand using it anymore. I can only see the screen when I barely crack it open, otherwise I can't see it. Half the time, if I'm texting someone, it accidentally closes and I lose whatever i was typing. Also, it just looks plain weird for someone to text like he's hiding something. My contract has also been up for about a month, so I'm under no obligation.

I'm wondering what the best cell phone carrier is for Phoenix and most of Arizona, or the west in general, if getting broader; the important thing is to sign up with a carrier that has great reception in Phoenix. I was looking at AT&T, as they have a good selection of phones, and I'm a fan of the rollover thing. I currently have Sprint, and it's not so great.

(And if anyone's wondering, I'm moving either late May or early June next year, so it's of importance! )

So, thanks in advance!
Sorry to rain on your parade, Acrylic . . .

I've tried them all and swear by SPRINT. Since your contract is up, I would suggest keeping what you have for the time being or at least until after you move. A new phone is much less expensive than breaking a contract.

Good Luck!

Old 08-05-2009, 08:09 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,092,580 times
We (our fam) all have Verizon. because of their friends and family program, we can save alot of moola.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:23 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,883,655 times
Verizon here also. They are the most expensive but have the best service.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:32 PM

41 posts, read 131,737 times
I have ATT and the coverage has been flawless for me.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:42 PM

559 posts, read 1,466,301 times
Verizon is by far the best but definately the most expensive. I like Alltel but there pretty much gone now with the Alltel Verizon merger.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:48 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,583,633 times
Well, it seems like a sweeping majority say Verizon, but I looked at their prices and they're nuts! (Well, for someone like me that's used to Sprint family plan prices cut in half ) Thanks for the replies though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area