Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 12:07 PM

682 posts, read 2,570,113 times

Advertisements

My observations when we went there was that it was a "nothing little town". I am living in one of those type of places now and don't wish to further my mistake by buying in Maricopa.

The fact that there is only one way in and out is enough to send me looking in other directions.

altus2006

Old 12-28-2007, 12:18 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,105,322 times
Stumblina wondered:

> Originally Posted by Power Surge
> ... (they nicknamed Maricopa as 'Mari-tukee', since its become just that, lol).
>
> Could you elaborate more on exactly what that means?

I assumed it was because of the fact that there are only a couple of ways in and out of Ahwatukee (which created big traffic jams - trying to get to the freeway at rush hour).

Old 12-28-2007, 12:34 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,105,322 times
Trivia - For those who like all the satellite imagery available nowadays:

About 12.5 miles outside of Maricopa and 6 miles outside of Casa Grande about 2 miles N of Rt-238, there is an open pit copper mine out in the middle of flat Sonoran desert. It's not much of a mine compared to the stuff around Globe, but it's interesting to see.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:19 AM

152 posts, read 618,407 times
Maricopa is great if you want to live half way to Rocky Point Mexico. Why torture yourself. Live closer to life.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:08 AM

5 posts, read 37,937 times
Default Maricopa City higher income per household than Scottsdale

That's according to the census.
But if your a 'Copian who drives into Phoenix daily, do take heart in the fact that new roads to I10 are on the way! One will be an extension of Smith-Enke eastward and the other will be that long awaited freeway Phoenix - Tucson bypass.
Living in Gilbert I had to wait forever, it seemed to get 202, but now it I can't remember what it is like not having it!

When you shop Maricopa check out the resales. Most of the homes there are such a good deal and resales already have the shutters/window treatments/yard/pool/all that stuff already done - And without the contractor dust!

Old 12-31-2007, 12:05 PM

682 posts, read 2,570,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResdntProSalesEvalley View Post
do take heart in the fact that new roads to I10 are on the way! One will be an extension of Smith-Enke eastward and the other will be that long awaited freeway Phoenix - Tucson bypass.

When you shop Maricopa check out the resales. Most of the homes there are such a good deal and resales already have the shutters/window treatments/yard/pool/all that stuff already done - And without the contractor dust!
How do you know that the roads are going to be put in soon? The lack of them seems to be a big hurdle to me, plus the lack of infrastructure.

I would be very concerned about purchasing a home there with all of the empty ones sitting on the sidelines.

altus2006

Old 01-10-2008, 11:09 AM

1 posts, read 10,729 times
My wife and I both love living in Maricopa. We've only been living here a little over a month so far but we enjoy it. I've lived in the metro phx area my entire life and even though I still work in phx, I enjoy living outside of it. I love the smaller-town type of feel, it feels more like a "community" than most. It reminds of like Show-Low or Payson, which are places that I'd love to live.
As one of the posters mentioned, it's not a place for everyone. If you enjoy clubbing and partying everynight than it's probably not for you.
The commute is really not all that bad, it use to take me 50 minutes to get from phx to west gilbert. It now takes me 60 minutes from phx to my home in Maricopa. If you're driving in rush hour everyday than traffic is gonna be bogged down no matter where you drive.
As for the cow smell, c'mon. Is it really that big of a deal to people? I moved to chandler around 1991 and it was almost a mirror image of maricopa today, with the exception of distance/roadways. It smelled the same as maricopa smells today with cows everywhere. You can still spot a few cows around price/queen creek rd.
As for dust, its not that bad and if someone is so concerned about dust than why do they live in the desert to begin with?

Old 01-10-2008, 11:40 PM

32 posts, read 114,833 times
I live in Chandler around McQueen and Pecos, and you can still buy a 1,600 s.f single level for around $220-$240K. I would check in Chandler or Gilbert. I much prefer the east valley to phoenix and I have always heard that peoria has alot of crime???

Old 02-11-2008, 07:17 PM

1 posts, read 10,619 times
I just put a down payment on a home in Maricopa..and now I am concerned with the railroad tracks...

We are moving about 1/4 mile away from the railroad..I am going to have a baby in July and am now worried that the trains with bug not only the baby but my fiance and I..does anyone live near the railroad tracks? and is the noise very bad??

Also what is the best time to leave Maricopa to miss the traffic..and what time is the best time to miss traffic coming back home at night after work??

Old 02-11-2008, 07:53 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,065,645 times
You might want to check out 85239.com Maricopa Arizona (AZ) > HOME It is a site for and about Maricopa. Not to steer you away form this great site, but there is a forum there of Maricopa residents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area