Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2007, 09:11 PM

22 posts, read 106,692 times

Advertisements

Was wondering if anyone lives or knows much about the Tartesso development in Buckeye? What is your opinion on this area, I am considering moving here, just wanted to hear some input from others. Also, what about Trend Homes? Does anyone have experience with this builder? Has anyone heard of others experiences? I hope some of you can help me. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 11:45 AM

54 posts, read 225,584 times
Thumbs up Trend homes/ Tartesso

I just moved to Glendale and wanted to buy a house. Me and my wife looked for something we could afford but still have a nice new build home. We found it in Tartesso with Trend Homes. We got the Plan 111 1095 sq. in Mallorca. The house will be finished in July and we have been very happy with the builder. I have had the house inspected by a outside inspector through out the building process and they told me that these homes are some of the best he has seen. Trend is a great builder and we cann't wait to move in.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:53 PM

4 posts, read 14,549 times
My husband and I looked at the TREND homes in Tartesso and absolutely fell in love with the #210 (in the Manorca section, I believe it was.) However, when the MONTALBANO builders came in, we couldn't beat their quality/value ratio. We decided on the Emperor style with Montalbano builders. Much better investment I think. Now I hear that TREND builders aren't doing so well financially. I hope they are able to turn things around but I must admit I'm glad that we didn't go with them afterall.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:04 PM

11 posts, read 50,416 times
I to am looking at tartesso. Will be going out to look at the end of the month. I have been really interested in the montabalano homes as well. So they look pretty good? Builders aside, how is the are over all. We have a 5 yr old boy and the wife wants more. Whats near the area? How long of a drive to the airport or glendale area?

Old 03-12-2008, 07:34 PM

1,818 posts, read 1,528,353 times
We moved to Tartesso in Sept 07 and love it. With the housing slow down the expected retail around the area is going to be delayed a bit - but that's ok. It is so nice and quiet out here!
With no traffic (which is rare) I have gotten to the airport in 40 minutes. 45 min. to Arrowhead mall area.
We bought from Trend Homes. They have the best style and and quality. JD Power last year ranked them #1 in customer satisfaction. Pulte was below avg. Trend is going through a financial reorganization right now but they are receiving a 65 million investment and will be the strongest builder out there.
Outside Trend the Pacific Century and Montalbano homes seem above average,more stylish and well built as well.
The Elliot and Pulte homes are your average brown box.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:21 AM

54 posts, read 225,584 times
Default Trend Home owner

Well I have been in my Trend home for one year now. I love it, there has been no problem what so ever with the home and my street looks great! There a park just 50 feet away and another one just maybe 200 feet from drive way. Although building has slowed in Tartesso and Stopped in Trend, due to finical issues, communities my wife and I are very pleased with everything. From what I have found out about the Trend finical problems stem from there home office, not the Arizona division, although they are linked. Tartesso is very well maintained and cared for. Also the elementary school will be opening for 2008/09 school year.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:37 PM

3 posts, read 9,936 times
Don't buy with Trend! They treated me with respect and answered my questions the best they could (which was usually, "Let me check and I'll get back to you," which they never did) at first - but in the end, I was out $1700 which is a lot for me trying to purchase a home on my own and being single. It was completely devastating and it was their fault that I didn't get my money back. I was looking to buy a new-build in Gilbert but there were so many complications towards the end, right when they knew they were going to file for bankruptcy but nobody else did, but the major one was that my financing was approved on a certain program and then they changed it, took away my incentives that I sign a contract for(!), and jacked up my interest rates and told me I needed a cosigner to get the house. There was no way I was agreeing to any of those terms and my Realtor and I composed a letter saying THEY changed everything in the contract and we needed to cancel and requested my money back. They sent me a cancellation notice saying that I was delinquent and THEY were canceling on me!!!! What a crock. But looking back, I'm so fortunate that I didn't continue with Trend because I found a much better deal in a finished community for a lower price and better financing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area