Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 08:56 AM

24 posts, read 78,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbear View Post
At this point, light rail extends only to the western edge of Mesa; however, there's a big park-and-ride there, so you could split your commute between driving and light rail. You could also take LINK bus from east Mesa to the light rail. Personally, I find east Mesa dull and ultra-conservative -- redeemed only by its proximity to good hiking in the Superstitions and the Goldfields. Of course, some people like it; it all depends on lifestyle. That brings up an important point: Shouldn't a decision of where to live be based on more than just commute time? What are you looking for in a neighborhood?
Thanks for the reminder. I do think that the neighborhood is important. We are planning to rent until we figure that part out. I just don't want to be unrealistic when I look. Our first house we ever purchased had us farther away then we realized and we wound up selling at a loss to be closer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 12:55 PM

8,048 posts, read 12,311,825 times
When I worked in downtown Phoenix, it took me about a half hour one way for commuting ... and I live in east Phoenix near 32nd Street and Camelback (which is also known as the Camelback East district, or the "Biltmore Slums"). That commute was during peak times ... so needless to say, is is much more congested and slower in commuting to the central city during the morning & evening rush hours. Of course, if you want to be "out a ways", be prepared for longer driving times no matter what time of day it is.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:09 PM

35 posts, read 96,156 times
Curious? Rush hour times seem to vary from state to state what is considered the busiest rush hour time in Phoenix?

Old 02-14-2009, 04:20 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,760,954 times
It would take me about 7 minutes if I worked there. I live near 7th Avenue and Encanto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area