Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 09:31 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,782,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borborygmi View Post
Incidentally, I should mention that when I need financial advice, normally I value economists' opinions foremost. There are really only two media publications I read faithfully and trust in terms of their positions when it comes to economic forecasting; one is The Economist, and the other is the Wall Street Journal. There was a great article in the WSJ online yesterday that's very pertinent to this post, I think everyone should read it. Here's the link:

The Future for Home Prices - WSJ.com
I think it's a great article. It's much more balanced than so many of the articles that are full of doom and gloom or cheer leading, that only pick out the information that supports their view point and focus on that in order to make a forecast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 09:49 AM

1,108 posts, read 3,322,076 times
FYI - only folks with a WSJ subscription will be able to access that article.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:50 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,782,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Charles_ View Post
FYI - only folks with a WSJ subscription will be able to access that article.
I clicked on the link and accessed it, and I don't have a WSJ subsctiption.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:51 AM

228 posts, read 594,387 times
WSJ has a site that's accessible to subscribers only, as well as a site that's available to the general public. This article is available to the general public- no subscription should be needed to read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area