Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2008, 12:45 PM

4 posts, read 11,397 times

Advertisements

I've been researching a few places to stay short term with my family until we know we know where we would like to permanently in AZ. Please let me know if you are familiar with Scottsdale Park Suites. I like to hear both good and bad about this place. Their address is 1251 North Miller Road, Zip code 85257. I appreciate any comments. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 08:14 PM

3 posts, read 8,635 times
Thumbs up Scottsdale Park Suites is great for relocating to Scottsdale

I relocated to Scottsdale in May of 2007 for work purposes and couldn't of been more happy with Scottsdale Park Suites. It had everything I needed to make a easy and simple transition to the new city. The property is very unique because you have the option to rent a furnished apartment where you supply your own dishes and linens or you have the option to rent a hotel unit where all of the dishes and linens are provided for you along with a weekly maid service. All of the rooms are one bedroom and are very well kept. The kitchen has full size appliances and there are all kinds of extras included in rent. For example, the apartments include free wireless Internet, free cable (with HBO and a bunch more channels), free local and long distance phone serv., free Starbucks coffee and even a free gym pass that you can use for the L.A. Fitness center down the street. They keep they're a/c extremely cool which is a huge plus for Phoenix's hot summers. If your into sports there is a swimming pool and tennis courts and it is also located on a huge greenbelt park with jogging paths.
I stayed at Scottsdale Park Suites a full year and only moved because I finished my job in Scottsdale and had to move home. They have lots of good information on their website which I think is Scottsdale Park Suites. Short term furnished apartments for rent in Scottsdale. or I would just look up there phone number and give them a call. The girls name who helped me was Faby and she should be able to help you determine whether or not its the right place for you. Best of luck with finding your new apartment. Hope this helps!

Old 07-29-2008, 10:25 AM

21 posts, read 48,990 times
I'm actually staying there right now while relocating from San Antonio. I know there are 3 girls up front and they're all friendly (Faby, Jane and don't remember other name).

Currently I'm in a "furnished apt" as opposed to the hotel ... I think it works out a bit cheaper if you're going to be there for a bit. Overall, the rooms are very comfortable. The AC works nicely and the other guests seem friendly enough. As the other poster stated they have tennis courts and the pool, and right behind the apts there is a great park (Walk it every night). It's fun to sit and watch all the frisbee golf players.

The rooms come with 2 couches, tv, bed, a table to eat at and a little bar area for "whatever" (my comp). Kitchen has the basics, Fridge, stove/oven, microwave and sink...no dishwasher. You're bed is in it's own room so it's not like an extended stay hotel where you walk in and trip over it. BIG closet space and every apt has it's own back porch.

I stumbled onto the place on accident when going to book an extended stay hotel and I'm happy I did...of course I'll be happier when I sell my house and get the family here with me in a home but for now, it gets the job done.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:27 AM

1,170 posts, read 3,444,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevyp View Post
I'm actually staying there right now while relocating from San Antonio. I know there are 3 girls up front and they're all friendly (Faby, Jane and don't remember other name).

Currently I'm in a "furnished apt" as opposed to the hotel ... I think it works out a bit cheaper if you're going to be there for a bit. Overall, the rooms are very comfortable. The AC works nicely and the other guests seem friendly enough. As the other poster stated they have tennis courts and the pool, and right behind the apts there is a great park (Walk it every night). It's fun to sit and watch all the frisbee golf players.

The rooms come with 2 couches, tv, bed, a table to eat at and a little bar area for "whatever" (my comp). Kitchen has the basics, Fridge, stove/oven, microwave and sink...no dishwasher. You're bed is in it's own room so it's not like an extended stay hotel where you walk in and trip over it. BIG closet space and every apt has it's own back porch.

I stumbled onto the place on accident when going to book an extended stay hotel and I'm happy I did...of course I'll be happier when I sell my house and get the family here with me in a home but for now, it gets the job done.
Stevy, what are the going monthly rates currently do you know?

Old 07-30-2008, 11:08 AM

21 posts, read 48,990 times
I got in on the "summer deal" they have going so I was able to get in at 899 per month which when compared to the Extend Stay Hotel I was going to book is a steal (1350). Granted, different rooms can cost more. That is for the basic. From there you have the Leather which basically gives you leather couches vs cloth ones for 999 and other upgrades from there. I think Park / Pool view adds 50 per month if you really care about that.

If you know that you're going to be there for a bit, you can lock in the price with a short term lease (I did 3 month) to avoid the seasonal price increase that they say they have. I'm 1 month in, and praying my house in TX sells well before the next 2 months pass.

One thing, I think the rental is on a 30 day cycle rather than month (potentially 31 day).

Old 07-30-2008, 08:36 PM

1,170 posts, read 3,444,492 times
Cool, good to know, thanks alot and hope your house sells!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: