Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2008, 07:23 PM

3 posts, read 8,985 times

Advertisements

WE (MY CHILDREN AND I) NEED AFFORDABLE CHILDCARE WITH EVENING PICK-UP HOURS!

Sorry about the capitalization. (I know it's not all about me!)

I'm feeling I'll either have to give up my job or my home if I can't find childcare which offers a pick-up time of 6:30p!

I am open to a reasonably-priced (Other parent absent. Have no income assistance. My work income offers comfort but not extravagance.) business-type childcare, a christian childcare, or care in a loving private home.

I've researched Arizona Childcare Resource and Referral, and most p/u times are 5p or 5:30p!

I work until 5:30p and sometimes can't get but just a few miles in half an hour these days here in the valley! Isn't this 'just like 50yrs ago type stuff'? Do many people really walk into their homes at 5:15p every evening and say 'honey I'm home'?

Am I the only struggling mother w/o a fam' member or friend to p/u my children at 5:30?

I've worked a couple jobs in my current field and finally I've one I love. (I've known too many people who never loved their work. I know too many now!) I don't mean to sound selfish. It makes sense if we're happy with our lives, our children will feel it. I'm working hard at an honest job and trying so hard to do this motherhood that came to me three years ago, well.

As long as one of the parents are allowed to physically and financially abandon their child to the other parent ... well, maybe that's another show; maybe it's time it were even up for vote on the senate floor. (Pausing here to use some calming focuses skills.) Leaving these little human beings we adore is a little less difficult if we are comfortable with where they are and where we are, and how we come together at the end of a work day.

I've spoken with my employer; not an option.

I want to keep this job. I want to take my children to a good childcare who understands there is no fam/friend/father to p/u at 5p and there are moms like me who are unable to meet the p/u time of 5:30. (I think that's the time my mom picked me up twenty years ago!)

PLEASE HELP ... MOMS, DAD-MOMS, GRAND-MOMS, LIKE-A-MOMS; and if you know of any affordable and good childcare, please share a.s.a.p. My work route is Gilbert Road by Superstition Freeway to my employer in Tempe, so even mid to west Mesa area fine. Heck, no suggestion out of the question!

Tks. Good eve' to all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 02:20 AM

3 posts, read 8,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriveonvibes View Post

I'm feeling I'll either have to give up my job or my home if I can't find childcare which offers a pick-up time of 6:30p!

I am open to a reasonably-priced (Other parent absent. Have no income assistance. My work income offers comfort but not extravagance.) business-type childcare, a christian childcare, or care in a loving private home.

I've researched Arizona Childcare Resource and Referral, and most p/u times are 5p or 5:30p!

I work until 5:30p and sometimes can't get but just a few miles in half an hour these days here in the valley! Isn't this 'just like 50yrs ago type stuff'? Do many people really walk into their homes at 5:15p every evening and say 'honey I'm home'?

Am I the only struggling mother w/o a fam' member or friend to p/u my children at 5:30?

I've worked a couple jobs in my current field and finally I've one I love. (I've known too many people who never loved their work. I know too many now!) I don't mean to sound selfish. It makes sense if we're happy with our lives, our children will feel it. I'm working hard at an honest job and trying so hard to do this motherhood that came to me three years ago, well.

As long as one of the parents are allowed to physically and financially abandon their child to the other parent ... well, maybe that's another show; maybe it's time it were even up for vote on the senate floor. (Pausing here to use some calming focuses skills.) Leaving these little human beings we adore is a little less difficult if we are comfortable with where they are and where we are, and how we come together at the end of a work day.

I want to keep this job. I want to take my children to a good childcare who understands there is no fam/friend/father to p/u at 5p and there are moms like me who are unable to meet the p/u time of 5:30. (I think that's the time my mom picked me up twenty years ago!)

PLEASE HELP ... MOMS, DAD-MOMS, GRAND-MOMS, LIKE-A-MOMS; and if you know of any affordable and good childcare, please share a.s.a.p. My work route is Gilbert Road by Superstition Freeway to my employer in Tempe, so even mid to west Mesa area fine. Heck, no suggestion out of the question!

Tks. Good eve' to all.
I guess we 'still' accept and don't care of the plights of the one of the two of a child who gives their life to them. I am very disappointed. Or, maybe everyone is just 'too busy' to care to try to help? I'm sorry.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:06 AM

79 posts, read 387,790 times
Well, we would like to help but may be there simply is no such service in the area. I don't know of any.

On the contrary, whenever I pick up my child in her Gilbert school I am under the impression that all moms seem to be stay-home moms. It is amazing how many moms pick up their children at 3pm. So I wondered, what about those who are single and working?

Old 05-19-2008, 09:08 AM

68 posts, read 334,296 times
Sorry. I read your post and felt for you, I just didn't really know what to say. I am a stay at home mom with three kids of my own and I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to be in your shoes- you have my respect for sure.

I hope your situation gets better and you can find a more flexible arrangement for childcare. If I knew of anyone who could help, I'd let you know but I don't know anyone here at all!

Sorry!

Good luck to you!

Old 05-19-2008, 02:09 PM

88 posts, read 482,803 times
I do feel for your situation and the only suggestion I can offer is, have you inquired already at your children's school or your church? Maybe there is a great Mom at your children's school that would be willing to help you out after school until you get home? Maybe one of them would know of someone that would be willing to help you. Tthe very best of luck to you...

Old 08-10-2009, 08:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,425 times
Smile I hear ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriveonvibes View Post

Tks. Good eve' to all.
I would love to help you out if you're interested in chatting with me feel free to email me at [EMAIL="hope4myangels@yahoo.com"]hope4myangels@yahoo.com[/EMAIL] thanks and things will get better

Old 08-11-2009, 12:02 PM

24,471 posts, read 26,008,272 times
I don't think she uses this forum anymore, her last pst was May, 2008.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:38 AM

16 posts, read 102,210 times
My kids used to go to daycare off Gilbert and Broadway. They were open til 1130pm! I used to work the 12-9 shift at my job and it was perfect! I was charged $200 a week for both kids one school aged. [SIZE=2]Stair Steps To Learning Campus [/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE](480) 962-7205
Write Review2155 E Broadway Rd, Mesa, AZ 85204 map 1.70 miles Elementary Schools • More...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area