Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2016, 07:00 AM

110 posts, read 153,844 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have toured several 55+ communities in the Phoenix area and like the concept especially Pebble Creek. I've lately been reading a bit about the new Trilogy in Wickenburg. Seems to check a lot of boxes in that it is near enough to Phoenix and close to Sedona and other cool side trips as well as being a tad cooler. Anyone have experience with the area or the Trilogy community itself? Is it pretty up there ? Is it more mountainous like Tuscon? Or flatter? Is it growing? Are there enough you amenities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 01:52 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,173,480 times
Trilogy at Wickenburg Ranch is going to be a great community. The amenities will be second to none. But also understand that this community is north of Wickenburg which makes it inconvenient to get to anywhere other than Wickenburg which is a small town. In other words, you had better like staying in the community for most of your social life. If you you enjoy golf, tennis, swimming at the community pool and are someone that will make friends easily and develop your social circle within your community it will be wonderful.

Wickenburg and this area in particular is not really that picturesque or much cooler (maybe a couple of degrees different) than the valley.

All the Trilogy communities have great amenities and a nice selection of floor plans.

I would recommend that you do the "try before you buy" program that they offer. For $399 you get 3 nights stay plus some resort credits. You might even try more than one community. But make sure take the time to check out life outside the community while you are there.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:01 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times
It would be easier to get up north to Sedona and such from Trilogy in Vistancia (Peoria) than Wickenburg. The mountains to the north and east of Wickenburg mean going the long way around to go much of anywhere. That said, I like Wickenburg. It[s a real town and not some bland Phoenix suburb.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:45 AM

673 posts, read 465,686 times
It's only six miles to downtown Wickenburg.

For those of you that don't know. Over the next ten years this area is going to have some very interesting things happen. Wickenburg has annexed a large portion of land (parts of Whispering Ranch) to the South. The Vulture Mountain park is just waiting for funding to be a jewel. The new Highway 11 running North to Las Vegas, who knows when that will start........I'll probably be dead by then.
Do they roll up the sidewalk in downtown after dark..........it's a small town, it's what they do. I like the general location.
Surprise is "about" one hour away.

The elevation is just over 2K feet. Check your temps..........it gets hot. It boils down to what you want to spend. I prefer to be around horses and ranch living so take my opinions with a grain.............

Last edited by broncosilly; 08-02-2016 at 08:22 AM..

Old 08-02-2016, 08:11 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,955,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingFan View Post
My wife and I have toured several 55+ communities in the Phoenix area and like the concept especially Pebble Creek. I've lately been reading a bit about the new Trilogy in Wickenburg. Seems to check a lot of boxes in that it is near enough to Phoenix and close to Sedona and other cool side trips as well as being a tad cooler. Anyone have experience with the area or the Trilogy community itself? Is it pretty up there ? Is it more mountainous like Tuscon? Or flatter? Is it growing? Are there enough you amenities?
It's not like Tucson in that you have large mountains surrounding it, it is however, like Tucson, in rolling hills with varying elevations and nice views.

I believe its very pretty up there, it's a bit of a "cow town." Its about 10-15 degrees cooler than Phoenix at night and maybe 4-5 degrees cooler during the day.

Wickenburg is growing, I11 will spur a lot of sprawl in that area, what "growth" amounts to around here is generally master planned communities and corresponding services in the form of strip malls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area