Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2013, 06:55 PM

7 posts, read 13,193 times

Advertisements

I am considering a move to Phoenix from Fort Worth, TX. I have been offered a job near E. Greenway Rd. and N. 32nd St.
I see there is an apartment complex in the same area called Paradise Falls. Can anyone tell me anything about this area and these apartments, as far as demographics, activities, restaurants, crime, etc.

I grew up in Atlanta, GA, so the crime thing is not a huge matter, but still worth considering. I'm just as concerned that, as a 40 year old single guy, there will be things to do and people with similar interests.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 07:18 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,663,029 times
Some of that area is pretty nice, some is spotty. That's where "The Square" is. Not too sure if it's as bad as people make it out to be. I'd stay on the east side of the 51 to be safe though.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:12 PM

606 posts, read 1,607,553 times
Detroit Native is right, those apartments you mentioned are within "The Square".

IMO, The Square is no where near as bad as some people make it out to be, but to be 100% fair I have to admit that I have not spent much time in that area. I really do think it's poor reputation is over-exageratued though. (sorry for the bad spelling)

But since you asked, this neighborhood is reputed to be majority Hispanic and high crime. There are however, a lot of high-class areas not too far from there.

AGAIN - I really think the square is not too bad, you oughta come on down and check it out, you really might like it; good luck!

Old 06-16-2013, 11:44 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,390,792 times
Here's a link to crime stats - Arizona Crime Search - Crime In Arizona - Phoenix Crime Search - azcentral.com

The Square was really bad awhile back. Drug, burglary, assault, car theft... see the map for the current numbers. If it doesn't work, take the link back to the CrimeMaps/ and then put in any zip code.

Still not all hunky dory, but better due to more construction and more police presence. North of Bell or Union Hills on 32nd may also be an option. It just depends on what you need. The 101 and the 51 will get you anywhere in the Valley pretty fast from those locations.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:21 PM

7 posts, read 13,193 times
I appreciate the replies, so far. Not trying to offend anyone, but I do notice quite a few mobile home parks in this area... and El Waiboi mentioned it being predominantly Hispanic.
So, am I going to be surrounded by meth labs and prostitutes and have to learn Spanish, if I live in this area... or is it a decent mix of people with a few bad seeds thrown in the mix?

Old 06-17-2013, 12:29 PM

603 posts, read 947,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndTX View Post
I appreciate the replies, so far. Not trying to offend anyone, but I do notice quite a few mobile home parks in this area... and El Waiboi mentioned it being predominantly Hispanic.
So, am I going to be surrounded by meth labs and prostitutes and have to learn Spanish, if I live in this area... or is it a decent mix of people with a few bad seeds thrown in the mix?
You'll notice a lot of the mobile homes in that area have had significant work done to them & additions put on them. Not as much crime in that area as it used to be, but it's still a little higher than some neighboring areas. I've knocked on doors in that neighborhood a few times, and knowing Spanish would be helpful if you lived there and needed to speak to your neighbors.

Honestly, I'd suggest looking east of the 51 in that zip code. Those areas are nicer.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:37 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,167,997 times
stephen is right - much nicer area east of the 51. There are a lot of apartment complexes near The Paradise Valley Mall. I had friends who lived at Bella Sera on Thunderbird near 40th Street. It's a very nice complex.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:01 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,704,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndTX View Post
Most of the parks are 50+ age restricted. The grow houses are in the ritzy suburbs.. drug dealers can afford better housing.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:13 PM

4 posts, read 5,572 times
Was looking to buy a home in the quadrant south of East Greenway Rd, east of Cave Creek Rd, west of 28th St, and north of Phx Mountain Preserve. Is this a safe area for 85032 or is it gang-infested? Average middle class or meth addicts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area