Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 08:49 PM

3 posts, read 3,958 times

Advertisements

Its getting down to the wire now as far as relocating. Almost done selling my things and is just about ready to go. The only problem at this point is that we need a place to live! I was offered a home to rent @ 80XX West Pioneer or 62XX West Raymond Street both in Phoenix Az. and really need to get an HONEST opinion of the area as we have not a clue. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Last edited by nervous~nelly; 05-06-2013 at 09:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 09:18 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,717,350 times
Both are in the boonies. You'll actually see farm land. The farther west the older the population? Someone verify. I typed in 8000 West Pioneer phoenix,az and 6200 West Raymond Street

Old 05-06-2013, 10:10 PM

39,125 posts, read 51,388,584 times
They are hardly in the boonies. There are all the conveniences of chain eateries and shopping like walmarts and targets etc you might expect within a couple miles. Both are in a newer part of sw Phoenix. This is not the best area in town, not the worst either. It is a newer area with nice starter type homes. It was hit very, very hard in the housing bust and many of the homes are rentals. The income level is probably on the lower side of middle class and it is more diverse (mostly Hispanic) than some other areas of Phoenix. These are family areas with young kids. It is likely to be safe if you are not involved in any drug dealing or other crimes.

Of the two, I would take the 8000 address on the general observation that the farther you go west the better it gets.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:24 PM

Thanks for the response guys! This is just the type of response I was looking for Pondersosa! I needed to know exactly what I have to look forward to, Id rather not have any unpleasant surprises! Thank you!

Old 05-06-2013, 10:26 PM

582 posts, read 1,485,427 times
Both of these houses are in the same area. One near 83rd ave and Lower Buckeye Rd, and the other near 67 th Ave between Lower Buckeye Rd and Broadway. Housing is affordable in the area. It's decent for a rental. As far as purchasing I would be a little more hesitant.

Will you be working near that area? How much is your rent? The area is somewhat newer cookie cutter tract homes, and is working class. I assume you have seen pictures of the homes. I looked at some on line.

There is basic shopping in the area such as a Super Wal Mart, Frys supermarket which is owned by Kroger, banks, etc, but you will have to travel about 15 minutes to get to the nearest mall which is at 75th ave and Thomas, or to go to the Avondale/Goodyear area.

Not too bad of a drive to Downtown Phoenix. You could avoid the freeway.

Area used to be cotton fields and farmland, and within the last 10-15 years housing was put in.

It's great know you have a place lined up, I just hope your jobs are downtown or in the Central or southwest Valley.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:28 PM

I agree with Ponderosa on the 8000 W Pioneer property. That would be better. I viewed a picture of that block.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:33 PM

Thanks Goober. I am actually fortunate enough to not have to work right off. I will eventually though, so your input helps a lot. My main concern is the safety of my family. I have two small children and a teenager whos a pretty good kid and I dont want to put him in danger of gangs or drugs. Ive read many horror stories on this site regarding the south/west side of Phoenix, so I guess Im wondering if these to homes would be ones to run from?! Yes, Ive seen pics and they look pretty nice, but that dosent say much of anything for the crime right!

Old 05-06-2013, 10:41 PM

I think you'll have to keep a watchful eye out on your son. If he is a good kid and you do that you should be ok. There are some low level gangs in the area and drugs are everywhere no matter where you live. I know some kids down there who are model kids, and some who are always in trouble.

Your small kids will be fine.

Last edited by Goober13; 05-06-2013 at 10:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area