Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 08:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,942 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have been in Estrella Mountain Ranch since February of 2008, but we used to come here to friends house on occasion and loved the area! With Basha's under construction and various restaurants forthcoming, things are progressing here quickly! Another section of land has been dedicated for commercial use at Elliot Rd and San Miguel, with construction starting shorly as well. I look forward to all this, because it does get time consuming to go down the hill everytime you need something. The C-store is over priced so unless you need just one thing, you go downhill. Cotton Lane is paved and striped; don't know what they are waiting for to open, but I hope it's soon. Another large outdoor mall is almost complete on Cotton Lane as well, bringing more stores closer to here. If you didn't want Safeway or Walmart, you either went to Avondale or Buckeye for anything else. Like I said, time consuming.

Just my two cents worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 02:58 PM
CG4

20 posts, read 70,243 times
Here's the scoop with the 3 master-planned communities far out west (Estrella, Verrado, and Vistancia)...the type of living, the houses, the community, shopping options, and the remoteness are all similar. You could take 3 different families on a tour of all three and each would choose a different one from the others. Simply...they are all nice places to live. You would just have to check them out and see which one is best for you. All of them require a 30+ minute drive to downtown during rush hours...but if that's not an issue, no worries. We chose Verrado for a variety of reasons, but both of the other two were equally as nice. For us, the proximity of the 10 was a major factor for easy access to both California as well as local shopping in Goodyear, Litchfield Park, etc.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,804 times
Default Estrella High School

My family will be moving soon and my husband and I keep going back and forth between Estrella and Verrado. We were leaning towards Estrella but then we heard there was a drug problem at the high school there. Does anyone have any further information about this or know if it is true or not? Thank you!

Old 10-13-2008, 06:00 PM

18 posts, read 42,417 times
Default Re: Estrella High School

I work for a builder in Estrella (David Weekley Homes), and come in contact w/ a bunch of parents w/ kids at the HS, and have heard nothing of a drug problem (of course, that doesn't mean that there isn't one). Perhaps a parent in the community can answer this one?

Old 10-22-2008, 04:44 PM

116 posts, read 368,608 times
I have friends who stay there, I think its better than many other places in the general area. The only complaints I heard was HOA. haha dont let one little weed grow, dont leave your garage open, your trash bin out, or have friends overnight, you might have some patrol tell the HOA and you will see a letter in the mail because of no overnight parking. be sure you have enough garage space.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:42 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L33TZOR View Post
I have friends who stay there, I think its better than many other places in the general area. The only complaints I heard was HOA. haha dont let one little weed grow, dont leave your garage open, your trash bin out, or have friends overnight, you might have some patrol tell the HOA and you will see a letter in the mail because of no overnight parking. be sure you have enough garage space.
I live there. I think the HOA is pretty low key actually. We live in the older HOA though and there were tons of violations when it was run by Resolution Trust Corp. so they have grandfathered a lot I think. I've heard the other HOA is a bit more strict. But all in all the HOA is professionally managed and not a bunch of old timers driving around looking for stuff like so many of them are. They don't like on street parking, though.

As for the high school, Estrella Foothills improved its state ranking from Performing Plus to Excelling, the highest level possible, in results just released this year.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:40 PM

2 posts, read 7,366 times
markas214: the nearest hopital would be Banner Health off the 101 in Avondale its about 30-35minutes away, longer with traffic. There are communities clubs but thats only those who like to be involved and try to control small events here. But I wouldn't say that it's to snobby up here. Everyone is very very friendly. I've been here for 9 years. Just beware that for kids once they get into their awkward stage there isn't much for them to do especially if they can't drive.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:48 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,520,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshRh View Post
markas214: the nearest hopital would be Banner Health off the 101 in Avondale its about 30-35minutes away, longer with traffic. There are communities clubs but thats only those who like to be involved and try to control small events here. But I wouldn't say that it's to snobby up here. Everyone is very very friendly. I've been here for 9 years. Just beware that for kids once they get into their awkward stage there isn't much for them to do especially if they can't drive.
Banner Estrella is the second closest hospital. West Valley Hospital near Litchfield Rd. and McDowell Rd is the closest at about a 15-20 minute drive....
There's also the Cancer Treatment Center of America, as well as a bunch of offices and clinics, in or near Goodyear.
http://www.abrazohealth.com/faciliti...lley/home.aspx
http://www.cancercenter.com/western-hospital.cfm
http://www.bannerhealth.com/Locations/Arizona/Banner+Estrella+Medical+Center/_Banner+Estrella+Medical+Center.htm (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area