Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 10:52 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,030,859 times

Advertisements

We're in Waddell which is closer to Glendale and there's a 5 yr old 2500 sqft pristine house next door to us. Asking is $115. There are several like this in the area. We've not noticed any crime issues (knock wood) and it's pretty much quiet all the time.
This is all due to the foreclosure mess and the banks just trying to unload their inventory in the area. I'd expand my search from White Tank Mountain Park all the way to Glendale.
Heck, there's even some new builds out this way for $120k!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 11:10 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,520,818 times
Waddell's got that nice, new library, too--right outside the White Tank park gate. That 2,500 sf home will not be worth anywhere near $115k in 10 years. Once the Loop 303 is finished and that mall in Surprise begins to go up, look for that area to be in high demand.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:47 PM

65 posts, read 159,791 times
Almost every newer home in the West Valley will have an HOA. Be sure to check the financial stability of any before you decide to buy. With walk-aways and foreclosures not making their assessment payments, many HOAs are struggling to meet budget and has or will surely raise their fees or need a special assessment to keep afloat.
Also be sure there are no outstanding assessments or fines against the property as some HOAs are claiming that assessments and fines are attached to the property and not the owner, so are trying to collect these from a new owner. And watch out for hefty "transfer" fees. Check out all possible fees before signing the dotted line. These HOAs are DESPERATE.
Be aware that fines are not collectible unless they have convinced a court to render a judgment and have filed a lien with that judgment. HOA fines are a civil matter and as such require civil remedies to collect. State law says they cannot lien your property over a fine without a judgment and even then cannot foreclose on your home over a lien based on a fine.
Title companies should not be involved in collecting unpaid fines, unless there is a lien, but most will collect whatever HOAs present, including unpaid fines, unless you protest.
This isn't legal advice. Everything mentioned is available thru Arizona Revised Statutes. Just don't allow HOAs to run rough shod over you in their desperation.

Last edited by Kentstate57; 01-01-2011 at 02:39 PM..

Old 01-05-2011, 08:00 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,030,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
Waddell's got that nice, new library, too--right outside the White Tank park gate. That 2,500 sf home will not be worth anywhere near $115k in 10 years. Once the Loop 303 is finished and that mall in Surprise begins to go up, look for that area to be in high demand.
My only question about this is "will they ever finish 303?" At the rate they work on it (I thought CalTrans was slooow) I may be dead and gone before it's done.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:18 AM

39,082 posts, read 51,266,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
My only question about this is "will they ever finish 303?" At the rate they work on it (I thought CalTrans was slooow) I may be dead and gone before it's done.
303?? How about I 10? They have been at it for at least three years. Admittedly, some of it is open, but it seems like it is taking forever to finish the overpasses and get the project done. The part out by Verrado has been making snails-pace progress as well.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:44 AM

106 posts, read 361,611 times
One of the company's my husband is trying to transfer with said it was 45 minutes from their company, which is just east of Glendale in Phoenix off of 17/10 to Goodyear. Wow! It is hard to even research areas. I see why you need to know exactly where you are working. Hard part is, I have NO idea where I would end up for jobs!

Old 01-05-2011, 09:34 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,233,076 times
You do realize that the commute from goodyear to central phoenix is no longer in miles or time than the commutes from places like gilbert, chandler & mesa - right?

I currently commute 24 miles to north central phoenix off I-17 and door to door it takes 45 minutes in rush hour on an average day ..... a bad day will run an hour

As far as the I-10 widening they have definitely eased off the accelerator on the first phase .... the second phase leading from sarival west was actually bumped up a few years using federal money and they are actually starting off on a decent pace ...... an interesting note is that both phases have different contractors running them

Old 01-05-2011, 09:39 AM

106 posts, read 361,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
You do realize that the commute from goodyear to central phoenix is no longer in miles or time than the commutes from places like gilbert, chandler & mesa - right?

I currently commute 24 miles to north central phoenix off I-17 and door to door it takes 45 minutes in rush hour on an average day ..... a bad day will run an hour

As far as the I-10 widening they have definitely eased off the accelerator on the first phase .... the second phase leading from sarival west was actually bumped up a few years using federal money and they are actually starting off on a decent pace ...... an interesting note is that both phases have different contractors running them
No I did not know that! That is definitely good to know. By the time everything comes together, I hope to be an expert! It's funny how much information you can soak up here! I really appreciate everyone's input! My husband is amazed how many answers I have to his questions that I have learned from here.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:55 PM

They are working hard on the Loop 303 freeway; however, they started on the north end. Phase 1, which is Happy Valley Rd to the I-17, is not too far from completion (just guessing, I think it will be open later this year). Phase 2, which is Happy Valley Rd to Grand Ave, is already a divided highway, but some work will have to be done to make it a freeway. They have not started that phase yet. Phase 3 is from Grand Ave to I-10. Work has begun on it in spots (Bell Rd, Peoria Ave, etc) and soon (sometime this year) construction on the I-10/Loop 303 interchange will begin. It will be four or five years probably before it's all finished, but they are making progress. Then there's phases four and five....

Old 01-05-2011, 10:23 PM

Here's more info on the Loop 303 Freeway construction:
Loop 303 North of I-10 ~ Planned Improvements (http://www.azdot.gov/Highways/valley_freeways/Loop_303/North/Improvements.asp#ProjectA - broken link)
Loop 303 South of I-10
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area