Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2010, 01:11 PM

2 posts, read 3,627 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Mesa this fall and am looking at a couple of condo's in the northeast part of Mesa (600 block of north May rd) does anybody know if this area is a decent area to live in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 09:50 AM

10 posts, read 77,212 times
Default 600 Block & May Road

Hi,
This area is touch and go for good / bad areas.
I live West of Stapley, between McKellips and Brown, and it is a very nice area with no HOA's (our desires) and has had very few crime reports. Yet my wives co-worker lives just a couple miles from us also between Brown & McKellips but just west of Center St and they and their neighborhood have had a lot of problems with crime she says. But going even further west over to the area you are looking and I think that might be a decent area again as those are very nice looking apartments, and that park across the street is fairly nice. So it's really hard to say.

You can look up City of Mesa's website and check mapping for crime reports.
It's really hit and miss for good areas, it just takes time being here to figure out where the bad or good areas are.

I personally am sick of Arizona on a whole and want to move.
Good Luck

Old 06-12-2010, 08:54 AM

932 posts, read 1,963,317 times
I live in one of the safer parts, not that Mesa has much crime at all, just by Power and Mcdowell. If any it would be more towards Downtown Mesa or some of the neighborhoods near the freeway, there's one I was in that had crime going on in broad daylight.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:54 AM

286 posts, read 678,035 times
Randy,
If you are lucky,Mesa has been your home since you posted! Do not listen to people who try to bring you down..as previous poster.America has crime in many
places..the country,city,suburbs..the severity is different is all.
Mesa is a safe family community.If you are a single man crime ought not to be on your mind,in my opinion.
Now,some free advice worth every penny.You need not fear crime unless you have
childen,elderly or disabled folks living with you.
Do not be afraid of crime,be alert,prepared and perhaps take karate classes...just be positive and carry yourself with confidence.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:58 PM

363 posts, read 929,786 times
Forget Karate, carry the brothers, Smith & Wesson

Old 09-22-2010, 10:47 AM

286 posts, read 678,035 times
Thumbs up What?

I think you should try Pittsburgh,Pa...59 days of sun.No jobs,blight and everyone in their right mind wants out.
This area is touch and go for good / bad areas.
I live West of Stapley, between McKellips and Brown, and it is a very nice area with no HOA's (our desires) and has had very few crime reports. Yet my wives co-worker lives just a couple miles from us also between Brown & McKellips but just west of Center St and they and their neighborhood have had a lot of problems with crime she says. But going even further west over to the area you are looking and I think that might be a decent area again as those are very nice looking apartments, and that park across the street is fairly nice. So it's really hard to say.

You can look up City of Mesa's website and check mapping for crime reports.
It's really hit and miss for good areas, it just takes time being here to figure out where the bad or good areas are.

I personally am sick of Arizona on a whole and want to move.
Good Luck[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area