Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2007, 08:46 AM

2 posts, read 5,981 times

Advertisements

hi! my husband and i own a little townhome in newtown but we're looking to buy a single home soon. we need some help getting an idea of where in bucks or montgomery county (or some place else??) to move. here's our situation:

- my husband needs to have access to the septa train system, so that's a big factor on where we move. a train station would have to be 15 minutes max from our house.

- we want land-- not acres and acres, but we like houses that are spread out nicely and not on top of each other. the size of the house dosen't matter as much as how much land we have (although we do want a basement).

- we are also very interested in new developments going up-- we would prefer to buy a new house actually.

- even though we would love to stay in newtown (i grew up in yardley so i've been in this area all my life), we know the houses are astronomically expensive here-- we know that a 600,000$ house in newtown would be much cheaper further from the highly populated areas. however, again, we don't want to go out *too* far because of the train situation.

so does anyone have any suggestions on where to start looking? basically, we're looking for an affordable new house within bucks or montgomery county that is close to the septa rail system. we were considering at one point to go up towards collegeville/harlyesville at one point, but that was too far from the rails. we'd like to stay around newtown, but it's difficult to find a home that is 400,000$ or less that isn't already a townhome!

any help/suggestions would be much appreciated! thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 11:07 AM

460 posts, read 2,425,111 times
Being near Septa costs you. Here in Southern Chester County people drive to Newark and take the train. Newark train station is 25 mins. Cost of 160.00 a month to take the train. Your house dollar goes very far here. If you need more details IM me.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:13 PM

2 posts, read 5,981 times
i guess since i have a new account i can't PM you just yet... any idea when i'll get full account status?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia