Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 04:10 PM

301 posts, read 925,950 times

Advertisements

Dresel Hill is cool.

I do notice a slow "white flight" as more and more homes are putting For Sale signs up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 09:09 AM

68 posts, read 69,820 times
Thanks for the info. I have checked Collingswood and was surprised that the taxes were comparable to North Jersey, the high tax situation is why I plan to move from N. Jersey.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:11 AM

May have to re-check Germantown and/or Mt. Airy, although in checking there are some depressed-looking areas with long, long blocks. Oh to live in Rittenhouse area !

Old 02-15-2019, 09:13 AM

I did sense that "white flight" was/is happening ! Don't need that situation--that happened in North Jersey where I now live and we have over 50% of people on some sort of subsidy and all the problems that comes with making people stay "married to the mailman" (waiting for that damn check) kills the spirit, no good, no good !

Old 08-06-2019, 06:28 PM

11 posts, read 14,495 times
Such a shame this is the rep Drexel Hill has. So much to offer, but it seems no one is willing to Put in the effort... How hard is it to run such a seemingly nice neighborhood around??

Old 08-07-2019, 06:36 AM

409 posts, read 375,353 times
It seems that Drexel Hill's (and other similar Delco towns) descent occurred at the same time as Chester County's ascent.

I don't want to make it sound like a zero sum game, but Chester County provides an option for people to flee to. Chester County is further from the city, but the city isn't the jobs-center that it once was either.

Old 08-07-2019, 06:36 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,369,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailz215 View Post
Such a shame this is the rep Drexel Hill has. So much to offer, but it seems no one is willing to Put in the effort... How hard is it to run such a seemingly nice neighborhood around??

Well...it's an ENORMOUS school district. Additionally there are a LOT of renters who don't pay into the school tax system which places a huge burden on the homeowners. Now perhaps that burden is paid through the rent prices - not sure how that works, so if I made an error regarding renters, I apologize.

I always loved Drexel Hill; had family there once. I could never afford the taxes there now

Old 08-13-2019, 05:28 PM

27 posts, read 32,369 times
There is a lot of doom and gloom in this thread. The taxes are high but there are a lot of happy people living in Drexel Hill. You couldn’t make me move.

Old 08-15-2019, 05:21 AM

34,395 posts, read 18,782,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmcpsu View Post
It seems that Drexel Hill's (and other similar Delco towns) descent occurred at the same time as Chester County's ascent.

I don't want to make it sound like a zero sum game, but Chester County provides an option for people to flee to. Chester County is further from the city, but the city isn't the jobs-center that it once was either.
Yes, formerly people moved out of the city to places like Delco. Now people are moving out of Delco, and relocating to places like Chester County. However it is just not Delco people moving there. It is people from outside the area as well. Lot so people from NY, and NJ and elsewhere. The growth is happening too fast here.

Old 09-26-2019, 10:54 AM

1,424 posts, read 953,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActualUDResident View Post
What descent, genius? I've lived here for over a decade. You have NO clue what you are talking about so stop talking already.

OP, don't listen to idiots who aren't from the township and in many cases have NEVER lived here. It's just typical classist BS.
You are very angry and condescending and seem like a very unpleasant person in general. If I were considering moving to Drexel Hill and learned that people like you lived there, I wouldn't want to move there at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia