Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 06:39 PM

522 posts, read 1,405,787 times

Advertisements

Does yours look like you? Similar personality?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 08:22 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,316,140 times
I don't look a thing like my dog, but I joke that I dress like him. He's a Siberian Husky and his "colors" are white, blue, light tan, black, gray -- the predominant colors in my wardrobe.

Personality-wise, I think what we have in come is that we're both low-key and content with our own company. We're not QUITE loners, but we're content to be alone. When we visit my parents or my brother, Bandit's very excited and happy at first to see their dogs...and then after a while it's obvious that he's tired of them and just wants to go back to his solitary status. I fostered a dog for a few weeks once, and while Bandit was gentlemanly with the other dog, it became clear to me that he was going to be happy when the other dog was gone. We both love to laze away in bed, and Bandit has definite opinions about "bedtime" and "naptime." If I don't go to bed at a decent hour, he comes and nags me (woooo-wooo-wooooooo!) until I do. (Probably because he's not allowed on the bed unless I'm already in it and give him permission to jump up.) Another way we're alike is that we get agitated if our routines are interrupted too much.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:28 PM

519 posts, read 1,049,818 times
I have 4 pets (2 dogs and 2 cats) ppl always remark on how friendly they are.

Robery Kiyosaki once said "Check out the personality of a person's pets, they mirror the owners personalities"

I think this is true, and a nice compliment for me too

Old 12-22-2009, 05:16 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Are you kidding! my daughter, and her pom, are so very much alike. They both love food a lot, foxy cannot eat everything he wants, she won't allow him They both have happy dispositions.. They both like to prank around and play jokes on you, foxy will actually play hide and seek, he is so cute. He will not go to bed unless she is in the house, she stays up until he comes to bed when she does, in his little bed They have a cute personality. but don't make them mad. If he is tired and wants her to go to bed when he does, he will run over to her, do a little dance and nodge her leg, run really fast into the bedroom and lay in his bed, they really both are very much alike. I am a very good cook and when i am cooking they are both in the kitchen driving me nuts, foxy does get to sample a little of what i make. It is true what they say, there personalities have rubbed off on each other.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:54 AM

2,184 posts, read 5,552,191 times
Pets seem to be very much "alter egos" & easily absorb any strong qualities... Other similarities don't seem so common to me.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:07 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,328,351 times
My female GSD likes order in her life, and that includes me and my behaviour. Ideally, I should not be out of her sight, and she'd prefer me to have no other pets before her. I don't think she would want to be without the company of the male GSD but we girls, (she and I) do roll our eyes together over the male GSD who is a clown of a dog.

My female GSD is not overly friendly to other people but she is not aggressive either - they are almost invisible to her and she simply doesn't see them as important. I am important. I am her job and when I do something she doesn't like, she will admonish me in a soft, loving tone that means, "I really wish you wouldn't do that, Mom. It could be dangerous and then I'd have to save you. I would save you but life would be so much easier if you followed me around instead of me following you around."

I think we are similar in that we tend to the serious side and I prefer not to have many people around me.

My male GSD, is a flirt, and a charmer, and likes people. I used to think he might not have any protective instincts, but he once blocked adults from entering my house (I was having a BBQ for a lot of people) because I was in it alone. Since then I have noticed how watchful he is, while being playful and friendly at the same time and I would not under estimate him.

My beagle. Nope, we're not alike. Can you say "Food?" I swear beagles inhale food molecules out of the air to gain weight. She is older now, but all in all, she has a persistent, bulldozer personality, which can get her into trouble. She's actually more like my husband

My horses - one is a flirt and a trickster kind of horse with a twisted sense of humour who really should be in the circus, and one has anxiety issues and sibling stress and insecurities since the flirty horse is her half-sister. And then there is the gentleman horse, a Thoroughbred from the racetracks.

I take the horses in at night and the gentleman horse has to go first - it's the only thing he is firm about. His pedigree after all, goes back to Northern Dancer. He has to be led into his stall - he will simply stand outside the stall waiting to be properly led in when he could just walk in - I mean, he wants to be there but it would simply be bad manners to just walk into the stall as if he were any old horse.

The flirty horse at that point usually grasps the pasture gate in her teeth and walks into the barn on her own - unless she thinks not doing so will tick off her half-sister. Yesterday, the flirty horse was blocking the gate with her body, after the gentleman horse was in, because she knew how much her anxious sister wanted to get in. So Flirty Horse acted like she was saying, "Gosh, aren't the stars bright tonight? I swear, I don't think I've ever seen Venus so bright. Have you, Sister?" (I imagine her saying all this in a Southern accent).

Meanwhile her sister is becoming more anxious by the minute, not daring to go to the gate for fear of flying hooves. Then, as I came out of the barn, Flirty Horse sees the game is up, grasps the gate with her teeth with an attitude of "I told you I was coming" and walks into the barn.

The anxious sister will also walk into the barn on her own, but I have to close the top half of her flirty sister's stall because the flirty sister will always try to get in a 'I'm the pretty one - so there' bite.

Then there is the cat and I don't know what you can say about cats. He's a bit of a bully boy and gets the odd notion to attack the dogs inside at times, likes to suck on my earlobes, so nope, I don't think we have anything in common as I do none of those things and don't know why he does either. It's a cat thing.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:45 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Netwit, you have a houseful/barnful! I laughed when I read your post. I can just see those expressions. Thanks!

Old 12-24-2009, 09:00 AM

725 posts, read 3,014,996 times
I think our male pup (chi/papillon mix) looks like me. We both have black hair and when my hair was longer in the summer, definitely.

Our female pup (long haired chi) looks like my ex, in that she has 'scruff' around the face lol. She's also very needy, and well, I know where she got that from too.

I've seen more dogs look like their owners than not, though, hehe.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:52 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times
I have quite a bit in common with my cats.

We all like Tuna and Mayonnaise.

We all like to take long naps.

And we all like to lick out genitals.

Well, I haven't actually done that last one, but I know I would like it if I could.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:20 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
FF, haven't seen you around for a while - missed your sense of humor!

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets