Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2012, 11:03 PM

733 posts, read 1,756,344 times

Advertisements

I posted in this section a while ago while I thought about getting a leopard gecko, but I put that off for awhile. I've been thinking and now I'm wanting a lizard again. I was going to get the Leopard Gecko mainly because I've never had a lizard of any type before and heard that Leopards are the easiest to care for. But then I came across the Panther Gecko. They seem to be just as easy to care for as Leopard Geckos, and I like the looks of the Panther better. Is there any real difference between the two? I did some research but the only difference I found is that the Panther tends to be a bit aggressive at times. Any opinions would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 07:23 PM

1 posts, read 4,921 times
Panther geckos tend to be abit smaller 4inches or somthing compared to leopard gecko who can reach 8inches or more, Panthers tend to be more skitish/fast and dont like handling as much as leos and once leos get older there a bit slower, like handling more and calm, panthers tend to live 5-7 years females sometimes younger...leos on other hand live 15-20 years and heared some reaching 30 somthing. Depends if wanty one easy to handle or show. Are ready to comit to long life or just want somthing for few years. they need simalar size cage, feeding is pretty much the same, I hear panthers like it alittle more humid (just use spray /mist bottle and spray down once a week or everyother day...(helps shedding)) need under ground heater for dygestion (both) and they do like basking light but not nessary but advissed (but red or blue because cant see it and wont bug there eyes but never get uva because it can make them go blind also you want lamp with diming switch so not to hot on them, no sand because can cause inpaction (kill them) so repitle carpete velt is best or tile (all this for both) also you need calcium supplements (D3 added because dont get it from sun but be careful with dose) also multi reptile vitamins for both kinds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets