Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 05:25 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,610,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetails View Post
Long story short. I have a TON of credit card debt and I
would like to know what I should do given I don't have a
lot of money

I have like 10 cards that are all maxed out. I don't have
a job.Will they send me to jail. Will I get laughed at if I
try to finance anything in the next 2 years.

What should I do to clean my credit report.

Also can I do bankruptcy for under $2000.00
No need to file BK. If you have no job and no money they can't take anything. And no, you don't go to jail for unpaid debts, in the US at least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 02:09 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,194,174 times
you have no job no money and are more than likely judgement proof.. they can't come into your home and start taking things.. though to me it sounds like your a classic chapter 7 case!!! but since you have no job and or very little money i would kick back and wait before i pushed the NUKE button in a chapter 7 since it will be a while before you can file again and what happen's if you need a chapter 7 for something like a big medical bill??? learn your local collection laws and the tcpa laws as well as the fdcpa laws. who knows they might commit a few violations and those are a 1000.00 a pop plus they pay for your court costs!!! trust me there's some pretty shady collectors out there that will violate the laws!!! i know someone that had the collectors standing in line with there checkbooks open and they paid all of this persons bills for a couple of years with all of the violations alone!!!
now tell me why file a bk and take a chance of also throwing away free money???

Old 05-22-2016, 02:42 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,194,174 times
i don't agree with debt counseling agencies as most of them really don't work and some of them charge more than to do a flat out BK and you still have the debt ratio hanging over your head and your still taking a chance to being sued even while your making payments!!! unlike a BK 7 where the automatic stay protects you and stops all collection actions!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance