Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2010, 12:04 PM

2 posts, read 3,996 times

Advertisements

I'm 43yrs old now and I've never known or have ever met my biological father. My mother has never provided me with actual information about him over the course of my life. But today I spoke to her and this is what she provided me with, his name is 'William Dickerson' black male and he should be in his late 60s or early 70s. She met him in Morton Pa, but tells me she was only with him for about a month, then left Morton Pa to go live in Philadelphia Pa (where I was born).

From the lack of information she provided me tells me she was possibly a promiscuous woman. I feel bad saying that, but understand that both my sister and brother all have different fathers. She was married to my sister's father and years later my brother informed me that his wife told him (reluctantly) that my mother told her that he was a product of rape?! The thing the bothers me about that is, my brother had to find this out through his wife and I felt that this type of information should have came from her (my mother).

As I'm writing all this I feel really depressed and sadden by the entire matter, but I have to find out what I can about this man. I could possibly have other brothers and sisters, as well as extended family members out there, and do we not have to right to know that one another exist?

I tried other sites in efforts to find out what I could about him, but I just keep getting the run around by these type of sites. Once you think you've found something, they then link you to some form of a pay site to get the information. Which kinda pisses me off because if there were people out there who were genuinely interested in helping people such as I finding their family members or loved ones, why would you wanna put a price on that?

Anyway, I hope that there is someone out there who can help me find my father or at least provide credible information about him. I'd greatly appreciate any assistance.

Take everyone and I truly hope you all find what you are searching for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 02:03 PM

2 posts, read 5,727 times
Try The Locator, it's a show on television and they do 'angel cases' where the guy who does this for a living will not charge someone. You would definitely qualify! He'll do everything he can to track him down for you. Good luck, hon!

Old 03-10-2010, 12:42 AM

1,063 posts, read 2,463,830 times
MisterE2108 ~ I can't speak for others on here who like to help people out if they can, but I just use the computer, without any special access to information and if I happen to find something on someone, I pass it on to the searcher. I doubt any of the 'regulars' on here will ask you for a fee of any kind. Sometimes someone might suggest you try another site, but we usually warn that they do charge. I can't say they are worth it or not. I've only used one once, years ago and didn't think it was worth it at the time. That doesn't mean you won't have better luck with it. There are some very good people on here who will have your best interest at heart, but we don't physically go and track people down. It just has to be on the net somewhere and we try to help people in our spare time. More times than not, I'm no help at all, but at least I give it a shot once in a while. Good luck to you.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:50 AM

1,830 posts, read 5,351,425 times
Try this one:

DICKERSON, WILLIAM R (Age 71)
MORTON, PA
MEDIA, PA

Possible Relatives:

DICKERSON, WALTER M
DICKERSON, MORRIS W (Age 76)

William Dickerson

216 School St
Morton, PA 19070
(484) 472-7359

Good luck, and try to forgive your mother. She kept you all and raised you the best she could.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:06 PM

938 posts, read 1,229,320 times
Smile Help you find Dad

A Middle initial would help if you could ask your mom to stretch her memory. There is a William Dickerson in Morton but need to give me a middle initial before I feel comfortable giving you an address there and remember it could very well not be the same person. The census is also coming and that information when available can track him possibly by both his name and age. Good Luck. I know the frustration I am searching for my Goddaughter.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:09 PM

2 posts, read 3,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post
Try this one:

DICKERSON, WILLIAM R (Age 71)
MORTON, PA
MEDIA, PA

Possible Relatives:

DICKERSON, WALTER M
DICKERSON, MORRIS W (Age 76)

William Dickerson

216 School St
Morton, PA 19070
(484) 472-7359

Good luck, and try to forgive your mother. She kept you all and raised you the best she could.
Sad but true, my mother didn't keep us all. My sister was in a foster home until the age of 6 and my brother was in a foster home all of his life, he only left when he turned 18, he's 41 now. Why I was never in foster care, I'll never know. But I was abused often for the simplest reasons or no reason whatsoever, beaten with leather belts, extension cords, switches tied together, when all that began to have no effect on me (because I started to block out pain) she then started to beat me down with her fists. Knowing I would never strike back I would force myself to shed tears just so she could stop. So when you say she raised us the best she could, maybe her worst was indeed her best. I just wish I knew why she took her anger and frustration out on my? Why I had to damn near starve and struggle to survive...at 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 10years old. Imagine taking hard pieces of bread and holding them over boiling water at 8yrs old in an effort make a figgin syrup sandwich. That's a tiny fraction of the things I had to endeavor as a young child living with my mother. And now at 43, she still can't provide me with credible information to help me find my father?

Old 03-29-2010, 01:10 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,351,425 times
Sorry you had to endure all that. In your opening post all you said was that she was promiscuous for having 3 children by 3 men, one of whom raped her and one to whom she was married, so your attitude seemed harsh. But I stand by my advice to forgive or at least let it go. Forgiving is for you, not her. Holding on to the anger only hurts you. Focus on creating a happy life for yourself. "Living well is the best revenge."

Did you call the number I gave you? If he's not the right one, we'll keep searching.

Old 03-21-2015, 08:13 AM

1 posts, read 859 times
I was wondering if you have found your biological father in the meantime?

Old 04-10-2015, 02:05 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,634,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchessn View Post
I was wondering if you have found your biological father in the meantime?
We listeners and watchers on this site often never know what happened. This is an especially tragic case, I think. Such pain and suffering this person endure. It makes my heart ache.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search