Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2009, 10:28 PM

28,100 posts, read 29,986,691 times

Advertisements

I went to elementary school with a girl I lost touch with about 40 years ago. I have thought about her so often and would like so much to find her. Her maiden name was Helen Friedman. She would now be 60 years old, give or take a year. We both went to Grandview Elementary School in Salt Lake City and would have been classmates there in about 1958 when we were about 10 years old. She moved with her parents to Bellevue, Washington shortly thereafter. I believe her father's name was Kenneth, but I'm not 100% sure of that. She had one older sister and no brothers. I actually even remember her home address in Bellevue, but am hesitant to post it unless it would actually end up helping me find her.

We actually corresponded by snail mail until about 1970, when I got married. She got married at about the same time, I believe. In the back of my mind, it seems like she married a man by the last name of Schwalm (or something close to that). His first name might have been James, but again, it's been 40 years. I have looked online for women by the name of Helen Schwalm, but haven't found her. I may have been mistaken about the last name, or she may have divorced.

If anyone can help, or even give me some suggestions for how I might find her, I'd really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 08:40 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,464,301 times
Well, if you look on classmates, you'll see that there was a Helen Schwalm (Friedman) who graduated in 1967, from Newport High School, in Bellevue, WA. That would make her 60. Why don't you get on there and see if she has checked in or who may know more about her? Good luck.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecam222 View Post
Well, if you look on classmates, you'll see that there was a Helen Schwalm (Friedman) who graduated in 1967, from Newport High School, in Bellevue, WA. That would make her 60. Why don't you get on there and see if she has checked in or who may know more about her? Good luck.
Thank you! I've been to classmates, but I had no idea how many high schools there were in Bellevue or which one she would have gone to. I thought you had to be an alumnus of the school in order to register. Can anyone register? (It seemed like it asked for graduation date or something like that.)

Old 10-03-2009, 01:37 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,464,301 times
Yes, they'd like you to register to be on classmates, but once you do, you can visit other school sites. I'm not sure if you can only register if you graduated from one of their listed schools. I haven't looked into that.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:57 PM

7 posts, read 15,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecam222 View Post
Yes, they'd like you to register to be on classmates, but once you do, you can visit other school sites. I'm not sure if you can only register if you graduated from one of their listed schools. I haven't looked into that.
It can't get simpler, really:

Search | Facebook

Now all you have to do is to mass-send a message to those people asking whether they know something about Helen recently or maybe can point you to someone who might know.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:14 AM

Thanks, everybody. I really appreciate the help. As I said, I didn't know her school and I thought you had to have graduated from that school to look into it further. My school is listed, so I'll register there.

Old 10-04-2009, 11:01 AM

7 posts, read 15,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Thanks, everybody. I really appreciate the help. As I said, I didn't know her school and I thought you had to have graduated from that school to look into it further. My school is listed, so I'll register there.
Why don't you try what I just said above and send a mass message to all the people who were her generation? People are the best leverage you know...some might eventually tell you something that might give you a 'lead.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search