Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2008, 01:30 PM

6 posts, read 28,945 times

Advertisements

Hello. I would like to let my nephew find us, if he wants to.

His mother, my precious younger sister, died two years ago. She was from the Northeast, but was living in Daytona, FL at the time. She was only 21 years old when she gave him up for adoption. She never told us any of this until the boy would have been 13. He was born the latter part of 1975.

I had started to search, but she said not to, because he had a family who loved him (she trusted), and she did not want to disrupt his life.

Well, she always loved that child, and it breaks my heart she did not feel close enough to us, to tell us she was all alone with this. We would have loved her son.

Anyway, I have her hospital admission records. Halifax Hospital, Daytona. I have the dates and times, and Doctors' names. I don't know if it is the right thing to do, to put that information in here. I want to find her real son. She met the adoptive parents, she thinks, in the hospital when it was time to give the baby to them. She said she was offered quite a bit of money, but did not take that. She just wanted a good home for her baby.

She named him Matthew...probably changed by the new parents. If he has been wondering, I would like him to know what a fine person his birth mother was. I also have something she would have wanted him to have, and he would probably appreciate.

If anyone here can help guide me, I will surely be grateful. Thank you for your time in reading this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 02:48 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,352,409 times
You might want to sign up at one or more of the adoption registry sites, where he can find you if he's looking, and that way you don't violate your sister's wishes concerning actively searching and disturbing his life. You have his approximate birthday through the admission records, and know the city/state, so it should be enough if he searches on that same information. There are helpful guidlines at adoption dot com.

Good luck

Old 09-08-2008, 04:39 PM

6 posts, read 28,945 times
Thank you. I have registered there and submitted search information. I appreciate your help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search