Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 08:49 PM

1,417 posts, read 734,046 times

Advertisements

I have never found a need to pay to locate someone who is of age, but then genealogy is a hobby of mine so I am adept at finding records.

Although they are slime ball firm (and in my opinion should be sued into non-existence) Mylife is very useful to get clues. Realize they are totally unreliable and are not trust worthy. Also FamilySearch has many modern records.

If you know their rough age and where they grew up you can usually figure out who their parents are and then potentially their grandparents. With that information you can often get lucky with an obituary which will give you extended family. Often you can search out these people and find the person you are looking for associated with them.

Once you know where they are you can usually search local court records and notices, etc.

Last edited by GhostOfAndrewJackson; 03-14-2019 at 09:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 10:22 AM

14,466 posts, read 20,640,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
I have never found a need to pay to locate someone who is of age, but then genealogy is a hobby of mine so I am adept at finding records.
Also FamilySearch has many modern records.
If you know their rough age and where they grew up you can usually figure out who their parents are and then potentially their grandparents. With that information you can often get lucky with an obituary which will give you extended family.
Both are very god sources.

Old 10-26-2019, 03:26 AM

7 posts, read 4,218 times
I know Find People Search!, the search engine only works for the United States, depends on public recorded information. The app is free on apknite.

Old 10-27-2019, 04:41 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,072,655 times
There are sites such as truepeoplesearch.com that provide people's complete addresses in the U.S. - free of charge and immediately. I have used them many times to help with planning school reunions, etc.

But the data is not foolproof. For example, it lists a complete stranger as one of my next-of-kin's. (She even sounds like a different race than me - and I know all my cousins extremely well). And it still shows my father as alive at the age of 113, although he died in 2000, had a U.S. death certificate, and had a unique unusual name that would stand out .

Last edited by slowlane3; 10-27-2019 at 05:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search