Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2008, 11:58 PM

6 posts, read 14,560 times

Advertisements

My best wishes for a warm and happy Easter holiday to everyone who reads this post. My name is Angela Juniko Zackhras (formerly Muller) and I live in the Republic of the Marshall Islands. I am looking for my adopted father, Saturo Sasaki, who lives in Honakaa, Big Island. I visited the town recently during my last trip in January 2008 but since it was on a national holiday, all the local government agencies were closed. I tried to call his telephone number on the local directory but it did not go through. I had only one day while there so I could not go back the next day. My father, Mr. Sasaki, adopted me and my mother-a local Marshallese who passed away in 2004 after my return from Washington, D.C., to live in the Marshall Islands because my husband had to run for election in our national government. My father left the Marshall Islands a while back (around 1996) to take care of his dying brother who was ill at that time and he had promised to return after everything was settled with his family. My mother and I have been living by ourselves for the past few years until she passed way. I want to make sure that my father is doing okay and also to show him his grand-children (two boys and 1 adopted daughter). He was a great father and I have nothing but fond memories of his time with us. I miss him very much and hope someone out there will help in directing me in the right direction. I searched over the internet, and even wrote sometime back through both his former work place on the US military base on Kwajalein and the US Embassy here with no success. Please help me find my father whom I hope is still out there in the small town of Honakaa. Please let him know that my family and I doing very well and wish him nothing but the very best in life. My husband is in the Parliament for two consecutive terms now. We want very much to see him so we can all know first-hand that everything is okay. I owe him a debt of gratitude for all the years he took care of me. In fact, I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for his love and care by adopting a lonely girl who's biological parents were going through some tough times. God Bless you Dad, whereever you are!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 03:20 AM

2,081 posts, read 5,594,580 times
Aloha Angela, I looked in the Big Island phone book, found a Satoru Sasaki listed, ph. 808 775 0013. It is a Honokaa number. Good luck.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:20 PM

Thanks, Leilaniguy. I will try calling the number. I had hoped there was an office that can help me confirm his location before I start planning on my eventual visit to Honokaa. Thanks and wish me luck.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:07 PM

Default Calling Adopted Father,

leilaniguy,

can you kindly call the number to check if he's there. i have been calling for couple of days now with no success. maybe the connection from marshall islands to big island's honokaa. appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,993 times
Default I have some information for you dear Angela.

Aloha Dear Angela,
It is August 2, 2012 and I found your post and wanted to reply to your very touching, sweet words. I and my husband and two small daughters actually are living in the house next door to your father's. I am very sorry to be the one to say that your father passed away on May 14, 2010. I never knew your father as we just moved into this house next to his a few months ago. There are a couple of long time neighbors who have lived here for many many years who may have known him quite well. If you are interested I could try to visit them and ask them if they would mind if you called. They are pretty old so I do not know if they have computers, but they may know the rest of your fathers story. I wish you and your family all the best and again I am so sorry to be the one to tell you. Aloha, Sincerely Kristi Sur

Quote:
Originally Posted by namdrikalele View Post
My best wishes for a warm and happy Easter holiday to everyone who reads this post. My name is Angela Juniko Zackhras (formerly Muller) and I live in the Republic of the Marshall Islands. I am looking for my adopted father, Saturo Sasaki, who lives in Honakaa, Big Island. I visited the town recently during my last trip in January 2008 but since it was on a national holiday, all the local government agencies were closed. I tried to call his telephone number on the local directory but it did not go through. I had only one day while there so I could not go back the next day. My father, Mr. Sasaki, adopted me and my mother-a local Marshallese who passed away in 2004 after my return from Washington, D.C., to live in the Marshall Islands because my husband had to run for election in our national government. My father left the Marshall Islands a while back (around 1996) to take care of his dying brother who was ill at that time and he had promised to return after everything was settled with his family. My mother and I have been living by ourselves for the past few years until she passed way. I want to make sure that my father is doing okay and also to show him his grand-children (two boys and 1 adopted daughter). He was a great father and I have nothing but fond memories of his time with us. I miss him very much and hope someone out there will help in directing me in the right direction. I searched over the internet, and even wrote sometime back through both his former work place on the US military base on Kwajalein and the US Embassy here with no success. Please help me find my father whom I hope is still out there in the small town of Honakaa. Please let him know that my family and I doing very well and wish him nothing but the very best in life. My husband is in the Parliament for two consecutive terms now. We want very much to see him so we can all know first-hand that everything is okay. I owe him a debt of gratitude for all the years he took care of me. In fact, I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for his love and care by adopting a lonely girl who's biological parents were going through some tough times. God Bless you Dad, whereever you are!!!

Old 08-03-2012, 09:06 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,626,290 times
Wow. I wonder did she ever get in touch with him if she had the number in 2008. That is why I hate it that we most often do not get a followup post.

Thx, surpeaceonearth, for trying to help. The original poster only made 3 posts.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:22 AM

Default Thank you

We already tried the number. Now three years later and I just received word that my beloved father passed on. I plan to visit soon to pay my respect. My son goes to school there and will stop by to introduce himself to the family.

Angela

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilaniguy View Post
Aloha Angela, I looked in the Big Island phone book, found a Satoru Sasaki listed, ph. 808 775 0013. It is a Honokaa number. Good luck.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:31 AM

Default Finally got some news and my search will end soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Wow. I wonder did she ever get in touch with him if she had the number in 2008. That is why I hate it that we most often do not get a followup post.

Thx, surpeaceonearth, for trying to help. The original poster only made 3 posts.
I am seeing news now that my son just sent me a post responding to my very old message. Thanks to all those who helped up to now when I know now that my father has passed. I still need to visit his grave so I can give my final respects. I believe we can all be thankful that he is resting in peace. I feel very has and with heavy heart that I missed my chance to tell him how much I appreciate his care when I was a baby, I owe him that much at least. If anyone can help inform his family that I intend to visit that would be great.

Much love and deep appreciation for all the support for everyone.

Angela

Old 07-08-2013, 12:46 AM

Default Many thanks from across the seas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by surpeaceonearth View Post
Aloha Dear Angela,
It is August 2, 2012 and I found your post and wanted to reply to your very touching, sweet words. I and my husband and two small daughters actually are living in the house next door to your father's. I am very sorry to be the one to say that your father passed away on May 14, 2010. I never knew your father as we just moved into this house next to his a few months ago. There are a couple of long time neighbors who have lived here for many many years who may have known him quite well. If you are interested I could try to visit them and ask them if they would mind if you called. They are pretty old so I do not know if they have computers, but they may know the rest of your fathers story. I wish you and your family all the best and again I am so sorry to be the one to tell you. Aloha, Sincerely Kristi Sur
Hi Kristi (same name of my daughter),

It's probably few years since your message. You can imagine how I feel hearing about my father passing few years after my post, and after I inquired with my son who goes to school in Hilo if he could check again just one more time. I spent most of this afternoon crying and to ask for forgiveness. I feel like I failed in a big way for not trying harder. After my many communications to the US Embassy here and Military command on USAKA where he used to work and posts on Internet, one visit to Honokaa, I am finally hearing that he is gone. I am both relieved and left with a heavy heart. I will pray for his forgiveness for my shortcoming and for him to rest in peace in heaven where my mother is as well.

I plan to pay my respects soon so Kristi if you can help relay that to his neighbors that would be great. I am not even sure if you are still there after the years that have passed. But just in case, I have asked my son to do his own inquiries before I make my trip there to Honokaa. I am very thankful for your message which I did not get to see otherwise I could have hopped on the next plane out there, at least you were the closest person I had contacted all these years. My sincere 'mahalo' from the bottom of my heart.

Until next time, Angela- looking forward to thanking you in person some day soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search