Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 07:45 AM

2 posts, read 2,747 times

Advertisements

You may be the brother I never knew. I have considered the many options for locating someone whom I have no real information on. Somehow this seemed to be the best way to start. I seek not just responses from someone who may know my brother, but welcome responses from those who can relate or may have ideas of how to proceed should this fail.
My cousin relayed to me, many years later, that while waiting at CTRC in medical center for his mother to get her treatments, a young man approached my father and asked 'Are you David Cooper? I think your my father.' They walked away together and had a private conversation. Why my cousin did not share this with me at the time I don't understand, but perhaps my father asked him to keep it secret. For years after hearing the story I also chose not to seek out my brother so as not to have to hide him from my mother. (I assumed she was unaware and wished to preserve dads memory for her)
One day my need to stop fighting the need to fill the hole in my heart led me to tell my mother what I had been holding in. To my surprise, she already knew. See, he had started the new relationship and must have considered leaving his first family to be with them. Pressure from his family to honor the committment to his sick wife and the little girls he already had must have ended things. But this boy no doubt grew up knowing his fathers name and was able to recognize him when he saw him. This encounter occurred 2006 or so. It was after 2011 or so before I heard the story from my cousin. I could say more about always wishing I had a brother, or feeling like something was missing from my life, but I will just let this unfold with no judgement of how it should go. I can only hope he has shared his story with others or friends my father had from Sears or the neighborhood will have some hints to help me focus my search. Heck, his mother could no doubt fill in more to the story than her son. I can't imagine what she must have went through becoming a little family and then ending up a single mom. Thank you for reading the whole thread, I know it's long. This is my first attempt at this so go easy on me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 10:58 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,428,811 times
Paragraph breaks would help posters wade thru this confusing post, you'll prob get far more responses too. Simple facts are impt, nEed info re location/s, years, specific info such as locations (pls don't abbreviate, this is an intl board), relatives names and dobs, and what is ctrc??? Later you can elaborate on the situation and feelings and opinions, if you want, but it's far too early now to get sidetracked w that now. Good luck

Old 04-28-2014, 12:35 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,621,444 times
I don't know the situation about how your mother feels about this.
But if she knew about it. Is it possible to speak to her & find out if
there are more details . Perhaps it's too painful to talk about it.
May be you can explain like you have here that you would like to know
about your brother. Hopefully she will understand your need.

Possibly with a name you can check hospital birth records for that
time period. They should have a registration record of expectant mothers.
What you're looking for is the baby's name/file. Check the file to see the address
given at this time. Usually, he attended the school that was closest to
that particular address.

Check with the schools in that area that he might have attended.
The school yearbooks might provide pictures.
It's a long shot... Good Luck !

Last edited by ranchodrive; 04-28-2014 at 12:53 PM..

Old 04-29-2014, 06:49 AM

269 posts, read 380,549 times
Can you give us a location?

Old 05-31-2014, 09:53 PM

2 posts, read 2,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
Paragraph breaks would help posters wade thru this confusing post, you'll prob get far more responses too. Simple facts are impt, nEed info re location/s, years, specific info such as locations (pls don't abbreviate, this is an intl board), relatives names and dobs, and what is ctrc??? Later you can elaborate on the situation and feelings and opinions, if you want, but it's far too early now to get sidetracked w that now. Good luck

Thanks! This was my first attempt at starting a thread. I also know so little, I thought a story was the way to go.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:18 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,851,628 times
I live near Dallas and work in the medical field and I don't know what CTRC is. Is Dallas your current location or did this happen in Dallas? Need city and state, full name of work location, date of birth and full name of any relatives you know (or guesses as to age), etc.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:34 AM

14,485 posts, read 20,671,714 times
SouthernBelle,
Per another search the CTRC may mean Cancer Treatment and Rehabilitation Center.

Locally there in Texas it might have a similar name. There's one connected to Baylor University.

Old 12-31-2016, 08:03 AM

1 posts, read 649 times
I read your post 4 times. I was trying to figure out where your father was/is. Why can't you ask your father about your brother. Your post didn't say whether your father was alive or not. You should also ask your mother and aunts, uncles and grandparents for information, which you "think" they may have. It's best to start with people you know. Good Luck.

Old 12-31-2016, 08:24 AM

32,663 posts, read 48,091,772 times
Your mother might very well know the name of the woman. That at least gives you a last name to search with. I'd search with your father's last name, too, in case the baby was given his last name.

You know what town the brother was located in, in whatever year that boy approached your father.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search