Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2013, 01:00 PM

2 posts, read 2,386 times

Advertisements

I was born in Havre de Grace, Maryland on January 22, 1945 and adopted about 5 days later. All the information I have is that my family name was Batson ( I am female ). Apparently it was a private adoption done by a local lawyer. I am not even sure if Batson was my mother's or father's name, as I assume they were not married to each other, but am not positive. I only believe it was my mother's.

I have several health concerns and am very anxious to get any family history possible. Even if my mother is not alive, I would love to know if I have any siblings or other family members still living. PLEASE contact me if you know of anyone who may be related to me!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 10:08 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,855,263 times
It may help to find out who was living in Havre De Grace in the 1940's named BATSON. Of course, your Mom could have given birth in that town even though she didn't live there normally.

Try signing up for the Harford County, MD Rootsweb mailing list. Send an e-mail to:

mdharfor-d-request@rootsweb.com

and put the word subscribe in the subject & body of the e-mail. Once you start receiving the digests in your e-mail you can than post a request to the mail list. Try asking if anyone can look up BATSON in old city directories or telephone directories for Havre de Grace circa 1945. Many towns kept publishing the old city directories along with telephone directories even into the 1960's.

Try looking up BATSON on the 1940 census at www.familysearch.org For residence type in Harford County, MD

Find out if the local library has a name index to the local Havre de Grace newspaper from the 1940's. Check if the name BATSON appears.

Have you tried any of the DNA tests available?

Old 09-03-2013, 07:43 AM

23,870 posts, read 33,581,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daliowa View Post
Have you tried any of the DNA tests available?
See my post here about DNA testing

Old 09-13-2013, 03:08 PM

2 posts, read 2,386 times
Default Batson Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
See my post here about DNA testing
Thank you for your suggestions attempting to help me in my quest for family background. I have emailed the Harford County MD Rootsweb mailing list to subscribe. I had previously searched www.familysearch.org and located a female who would have been 18 at the time of my birth, but have been unable to find any subsequent family records. I had also previously visited the Harford County library to review newspaper records from my birth date, but was unable to find anything. Again, thank you for your help as I will continue to search.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:55 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,855,263 times
It may take time, but keep searching. Good luck.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvigil View Post
Thank you for your suggestions attempting to help me in my quest for family background. I have emailed the Harford County MD Rootsweb mailing list to subscribe. I had previously searched www.familysearch.org and located a female who would have been 18 at the time of my birth, but have been unable to find any subsequent family records. I had also previously visited the Harford County library to review newspaper records from my birth date, but was unable to find anything. Again, thank you for your help as I will continue to search.
A few more links. Moderator cut: please read the rules, it is against the TOS to discuss moderator actions on the forum
FIND ME I AM ADOPTED
Find my Adopted Family Member-Main Page
Find my Adopted Family Member Maryland
I do not see you listed here URL="http://registry.adoption.com/advanced_search.php"]Adoption reunion[/url]

Last edited by katzenfreund; 09-13-2013 at 11:52 PM..

Old 09-14-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
A few more links. Moderator cut: please read the rules, it is against the TOS to discuss moderator actions on the forum
Sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search