Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2011, 04:50 AM

1 posts, read 4,021 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for my cousin who was born out of wedlock and his mother was forced to give him up for adoption.

My aunt Peg (Margaret) Murphy gave birth to a baby boy, Francis/Frankie, in January 1952 in an unmarried mother's home in Co. Tipperary, Ireland. Not known if Francis is still his name or not. He was adopted by a couple, Mr and Mrs Henry William Payne, believed to be from the USA.

If anyone has any information or even tips on how to go about finding Frankie, please contact me!

Thanks.

Siovano.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 08:59 AM

14,470 posts, read 20,648,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siovano View Post
I'm looking for my cousin who was born out of wedlock and his mother was forced to give him up for adoption.

My aunt Peg (Margaret) Murphy gave birth to a baby boy, Francis/Frankie, in January 1952 in an unmarried mother's home in Co. Tipperary, Ireland. Not known if Francis is still his name or not. He was adopted by a couple, Mr and Mrs Henry William Payne, believed to be from the USA.

If anyone has any information or even tips on how to go about finding Frankie, please contact me!

Thanks.

Siovano.
Can you tell us how you know the first, middle, and last name of the people who adopted Frankie?
What else does your Aunt know or remember?

A fake birth certificate would be all that was needed, for the Payne's to leave Ireland with the baby, with no adoption agency even involved.

If his parents were age 21 when they adopted him, they would be over 80 years old now, and possibly deceased.
And to adopt at age 21 would be unusual. Usually couples try to have their own kids first. Maybe they want a boy and a girl and they have a girl, then they adopt a boy. My two Uncles-Aunts did this. They had a girl and both adopted a boy to balance their family. So, Frankie's adoptive parents could be well over 80 years old, as a couple adopting a child from a foreign country at age 21 is rare, in my opinion.

They surely gave him a name that ended in Payne.
I would say that is the only accurate information about him at this time.
He is age 59 and his last name is Payne. County unknown.

Many parents will name their son after themselves, at least the boy's middle name.
Francis may have been named:
Francis Henry Payne.
Frankie Henry Payne.
William Henry Payne, Jr. though he was not their biological child.
Francis William Payne.
Frankie William Payne.
? ? Payne.

If you had any other information like what airport the Payne's used to depart Ireland, etc. then you might be able to isolate the country they went to.

With his parents possibly deceased due to age, and his age being 59 with the last name of Payne, and you do not know the country, your search if very difficult.
What other information do you have?

Old 10-03-2011, 10:36 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,982,826 times
WOW!!!!... That's all..... Just WOW!!! .

Old 10-04-2011, 09:07 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
I have no idea what this post means.

To the OP, Dublin Airport would have been the only place to get a flight into the US in 1952 (into Idlewild Airport - renamed in late 1963 to JFK Airport). Their most likely transport, however, would have been an ocean liner departing Co. Cork. The passenger lists on these ships are very well documented. If you could ascertain the general month when they left Tipp with the baby, one of the people on this site who has access to Ancestry dot com could verify if they did indeed leave by ship - and if so - what port they were sailing into. Bear in mind, there is a good chance they were Canadians.

Henry William Payne - New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 - Ancestry.com

Best of luck to you!

Old 10-04-2011, 05:11 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,630,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
I agree. LOL. Carry on. I love this forum.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:13 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,630,795 times
I have Ancestry but I don't have time to search right now. I work. I will look later if no one else does.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:05 AM

1,830 posts, read 5,349,988 times
Wow x 3.

Here's how to do it:

Run a search on surname Payne born Jan 1952, eliminate the females and you have your list of living American possibilities. Search each name looking for one with a father named Henry William Payne, or a record showing travel from the UK, or a naturalization record. If someone has the upgraded World version of Ancestry they can check the names against the Ireland Birth registry. Eliminate names from your list as you find their fathers' names don't match. Then take the short list, find their current address/phone and contact them - tell them you're searching for a long-lost cousin and ask if they were born in Ireland. Yes, they will know, because the way it really works for out-of-country adoptions is the baby's new BC will still have Ireland as the place of birth, and he will become a US citizen through the naturalization process.

If none of the names pan out, then look to the SS Death records for males with that birthdate and check those names in the same way. If that doesn't reveal anything, then consider the possibility that the parents were not US citizens after all.

Here's the list of male Paynes born 1/1952.

PAYNE, DAVID M (Age 59)
PAYNE, KENNETH H (Age 59)
PAYNE, GARY Lynn (Age 59)

PAYNE, GEORGE E (Age 59)
PAYNE, ANTHONY L (Age 59)
PAYNE, CLARKE B (Age 59)

PAYNE, PHILIP E (Age 59)
PAYNE, JAMES W (Age 59)

PAYNE, GEORGE W (Age 59)
PAYNE, DONALD (Age 59)

PAYNE, LYNWOOD RAY (Age 59)
PAYNE, CLIFFORD T (Age 59)
PAYNE, MICHAEL G (Age 59)
PAYNE, JOSEPH E (Age 59)
PAYNE, RICKEY E (Age 59)
PAYNE, JEFFREY (Age 59)
PAYNE, JOSEPH EARL JR (Age 59)

PAYNE, KEITH B (Age 59)

Old 10-05-2011, 10:35 AM

14,470 posts, read 20,648,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
I have no idea what this post means.

To the OP, Dublin Airport would have been the only place to get a flight into the US in 1952 (into Idlewild Airport - renamed in late 1963 to JFK Airport). Their most likely transport, however, would have been an ocean liner departing Co. Cork. The passenger lists on these ships are very well documented. If you could ascertain the general month when they left Tipp with the baby, one of the people on this site who has access to Ancestry dot com could verify if they did indeed leave by ship - and if so - what port they were sailing into. Bear in mind, there is a good chance they were Canadians.

Henry William Payne - New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 - Ancestry.com

Best of luck to you!

WOW!!!!... That's all..... Just WOW!!!
............that means the person who posted that comment, is saying the OP did not provide enough information.

Old 12-31-2018, 01:28 AM

1 posts, read 884 times
Hi I have hi I have found your cousin. I have messaged you directly pls can you call 07833330113 U.K. thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search