Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 12:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,880 times

Advertisements

I want to find possible half-siblings from Father's 30+yrs of being unfaithful to my mom. No one in my family knows I'm looking, and I want to keep it that way. I know my Father's birthday and ss#. These possible half siblings could be anywhere from England to Florida, so not sure where to start. Is there any way to find out for free via public records? I'm sick of going to "free" sites that make you put in a credit card number so they can start charging after 14 days. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 05:13 AM

3 posts, read 2,907 times
Sounds like this is going to be as tough as my situation. I know I have a father out there but very little info. He and my mom had a one night thing (she claims he rapped her but she is not being all that truthful either.) he said his name was Dave (could have been lying). The only true facts that I do know is that he has blonde hair and blue eyes. He also delivered for Schwan's, this much I know because he delivered to my grandmother's house twice, it could have been a short lived career who knows. With the little bit of info I have I feel it is almost impossible to find him or any part of his family, but I'm glad to see there are others out there pursing their searches. Best of luck to you.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:02 PM

5 posts, read 4,974 times
DNA is the best way to go. 23andme.com Familytreedna.com and DNAancestry.com. Which ever one you choose it's a good idea to upload to gedmatch.com it's free and shows you people from these major 3 companies. The only one's who see you or your username are those who have tested and match you too. My gedmatch number is F373715 by the way :-)

Old 02-26-2015, 04:22 AM

3 posts, read 2,907 times
I have heard about it and have been considering taking that as my next step. Have you had much luck with finding any of your relatives through your DNA?

Old 03-08-2015, 06:18 PM

I have found my great grandparents on one side (I believe it to be my father's mother's people) I have found GG grandparents on my mother's side (not sure if it's her mom or dad's side but think the latter) my 3rd cousins are really a huge help. I found a second cousin who's tree helped a little. She isn't active in any communication but that is ok. I'm hoping for one more close relative. I found a fellow on gedmatch who tested through 23andMe (my results are not ready from there yet) and he shared his tree with me and provided some incite. He is actually closer than my other 3rd cousins in cM. I know some of my heritage now already and have met some great people (family) already. Totally worth it. Plus as the years go by my kits will still be there to match future testers. My children will be taking over my search when I die. So if I don't find my missing family in my lifetime--perhaps the tree will be filled afterwards. This wouldn't be possible without DNA testing.
If nothing else it is Fascinating!

Old 03-08-2015, 06:22 PM

I should add one more thing. Today a woman got her results back and found her Aunt right away. They are on the phone right now. The aunt is telling her about her siblings right now. Another person was matched with his mother as she had already tested. Most people use it to find that ancestor that is missing from their genealogical research. Others use it for health info and factoids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search