Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2007, 03:36 PM

4 posts, read 13,960 times

Advertisements

In the early 1980's I was between fifteen and sixteen years old. Without my parents knowing I had been having a relationship with a much older woman. Eventually the woman told me she was pregnant with my child. When I informed my parents of this they became enraged. Before I knew it the lady I was seeing moved out of the state and I didn't hear from her anymore after that for a couple of years. When she finally returned, (I was out on my own by that time) she showed me a picture of a little baby girl, said she was mine, then told me that the baby had passed away. She walked back out of my life and I never saw or heard from her again. As an adult I can see now why she left so quick. My parents were threatening her legally. I was a minor and she was an adult. But I've never harbored bad feelings toward her. Yes, she should have known better but I was no saint.

The ladies name was Evelyn S. from Vincennes Indiana. I'm purposely with holding the last name because she has other grown children still in that area but I can confirm the last name by email. She has sense passed away. All of these years I've often wondered if what she told me was true. Was that little girl indeed mine... and did she then indeed pass away? Or did Evelyn say that to protect me. A kid who didn't know what the heck he was doing and couldn't take care of himself let a lone a small child. And to protect that little girl from a father who didn't know how to be one? So many times I've wanted to know the truth but didn't know how to get at it. Too many years have passed. Evelyn is gone... and I doubt her immediate local family knows much about it. I never really knew them.

If anyone out there knows anything... and happens to read this. I'd sure love to hear from you. I do not know where Evelyn S. went when she left Indiana. It was a long time ago and I've forgotten. I do know she eventually came back to Indiana because she passed away in a local nursing home. I never even knew she was back until I read the obituary. I now live in Missouri with my wife. To this day I've never had children of my own. If by some chance I do have a biological daughter out there I want her to know she was wanted. I went to battle for her but was to young to win the fight. I'd love to get to know her and be a part of her life.

Thank you so much.

RodF@ofmlive.net

Last edited by RodF1966; 06-30-2007 at 04:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2007, 04:17 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,341,809 times
If she is out there may God help you find her!

I dream of the day of getting a letter such as that from my father - who also was too young to be a father!

Old 07-01-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Thank you!

Thank you for your response. I to pray that you someday hear from the father your searching for. Best of luck to you.

Rod.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:21 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,839,909 times
Rod, might the obituary be a clue to your daughter? Did it list her children's names? If so, you can run those names through Zabasearch and check ages to see if one of them was born in the right time frame. I would be glad to help you check if you can send me a copy of the obit- or at least the names of her children.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:30 AM

Pirate girl, Yes the obituary would certainly be a clue. I've actually never personally seen the entire thing. What I read in the paper was just the small insert stating she had passed. I did not see the following entire obituary. The mother died a few years back and I've been unable to locate the obit. I have a done a search on Zebra and in the towns local newspaper online. I've also searched various other places online that locate obituaries. No results. So the problem is in not being able to even find a copy of the obit. I can discuss it further if you'd like to email me privately.

I may be chasing a ghost here. But something in my gut won't let me put this to rest until I know for sure.

Thank you for the response.

Rod.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:14 AM

Thumbs up Update

UPDATE: I now believe the mother moved to Mississippi after leaving Indiana in the early 1980's. This would mean that my daughter would have most likely been born somewhere in that state and may still be there. It is also possible the daughter could have ventured her way to southern Indiana where she has other relatives. If my memory serves me correctly she would have been born around 1981 or 1982.

Thank you to those of you who have been so generous with your help so far!

Rod.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search