Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2006, 06:36 PM

2 posts, read 3,874 times

Advertisements

Looking for info on my grandparents, Lewis and Bertha Stai. Lived in and around Alexander. Lewis had a livery barn in Alexander in 1913. Bertha's maiden name was Croy, and she died in 1926. Two of their children took the name Bennish after the parents died. Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 05:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,485 times
Default Bertha Stai Inquiry

Betty, Bertha Croy Stai was my maternal grandfather's sister. His name was Harry Croy, and they had a younger brother, Minor. If you are still looking for information on Bertha, contact me. I also have some photographs.

Coincidentally, I and a group of my cousins are in the process of ordering a headstone for Bertha's grave in the Alexander Cemetery. She is buried with a daugther who pre-deceased her, Florise (AKA Lois), who, I believe, was less than four years old when she died. There is no marker on the grave. There may have been one when either Lois or Bertha were buried, but given that it was during the Depression, likely it wasn't marble but maybe wood. In any case, you have to have the cemetery caretaker show you where they're buried, as there is no physical indication at all; that's the reason we're all going together to purchase a headstone.

As you probably know, when Bertha died, Lewis was unable to care for the six children, who were sent to live with various relatives. Shirley was about the same age as my mother, Marion Croy, and came to live with my grandparents, Harry and Agnes. Another daughter, Vera Stai, moved to Portland, OR, and she and my mother were friends up to the time Vera passed away.

Since your inquiry was posted almost two years ago, you may have received information from others, but if I can be of any help, let me know!

Susan Christensen
Quincy, CA

Old 10-23-2009, 03:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,113 times
Default Bertha Croy Stai

To Betty and Susan Christensen:

I too have started to look into our family history and would like any information you have on my great-grandmother, Bertha Croy Stai. My dad's mom, Jenney Mae, was raised by Helen and Frank Benish.
Please feel free to email me anytime ([EMAIL="JSR_Williams@hotmail.com"]JSR_Williams@hotmail.com[/EMAIL]) it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much,
Shonda Williams
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search