Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 01:04 PM

991 posts, read 4,621,806 times

Advertisements

Thats so funny it does taste fried! I will even drink burger king coffee before Starbucks and theres is pretty bad too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2007, 05:45 PM

414 posts, read 1,781,569 times
There was a survey/study done recently and Starbucks was not the top pick...the complaint was exactly what was stated above...it tasted burnt an bitter...I avoid Starbucks cuz of the paper cups...you'd think that the higher price for their coffe you'd get a better cup. not a thin paper cup that requires one of those despicabe 'collars'...grrrrr

Some of the best brew I've had is at Billy's Pocono Diner just off I-81 at the Tannersville exit...on 611 behind the Crossings.....great coffee... I asked the waitress what it is...she said it was a secret...I begged the waitress to tell me...no dice......offered me body....that got me nowhere......arrrrghh... can somebody find out?

Old 02-18-2007, 07:06 AM

68,351 posts, read 54,502,307 times
To make really great coffee at home I'd highly recommend a New Orleans style coffee that's blended with chicory, very rich with no bitterness.

Luzianne is one brand I've found in PA and Cafe du Monde is another, they're both readily available through mail order.

Last edited by burdell; 02-18-2007 at 07:08 AM.. Reason: Spelling Correction

Old 03-22-2007, 07:36 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,977,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.K. View Post
This may sound silly and I know there must be Starbucks around there, but what other coffee places and brands are there in Pa?[We don't even like Starbucks]My husband loves coffee and we have found 1 favorite brand here in Wi.It's called Equal Exchange and they serve it in some of our coffee shops here and also in select grocery stores.Anyone know if you have it there?
Starbucks is actually not bad, but I like Krispy Kreme coffee. Mostly I just brew my coffee at home.

Seattle's Best Coffee is very good. They serve it in the coffee shop in Borders book store, and they have it here in West Scranton at Victoria's Italian Cafe (in the former Wendy's on Main Ave).

Now...the worst coffee ever has to be McDonald's.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:49 AM

48 posts, read 414,345 times
I have found a great website for coffee...."Coffee Fool .com" they by far have the freshest coffee..I am a coffee fanatic, it must taste exactly as the package states..I have ordered the chocolate covered cherry flavored coffee and it is heaven!.....it isn't sickenly sweet and it really tastes like a chocolate covered cherry..I have also tried dutch chocolate mint ......yum! They have regular coffee as well...the price is reasonable and the customer service is excellent............they are located in texas...so no I do not work for them!

Old 03-22-2007, 11:12 AM

3,574 posts, read 14,353,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conorsdad View Post
....Now...the worst coffee ever has to be McDonald's.
LOL - agree! but the coffee that "won" the taste test and beat Starbuck's was...McD's

Old 03-22-2007, 02:18 PM

1,135 posts, read 3,985,926 times
Wow !! A lot of Starbucks hate, here !
But, I must diverge from this opinion and say I like them
alot. I N-E-E-D coffee like a diabetic need insulin so I am
very sensitive to these things !
Starbucks Java Jockeys (Barristers) are annoyingly condescending
and the ambience is strictly bourgeous but they make a good cup
of coffee if you can tolerate the previously mentioned annoyances!
Dunkin' Donuts used to be good but somewhere between the year
2000 and now the proprietors must have gotten a corporate memo
telling them to run the water through the grounds two or three times
before adding new coffee.....At least the ones I have visited.
If you live in Wayne Pa, try the Gryphon Cafe off of Rt. 30.
Great stuff ! The best in the area.....Fair trade too !

Last edited by KoZmiC NinJa; 03-22-2007 at 03:02 PM..

Old 03-22-2007, 02:59 PM

41,998 posts, read 75,328,187 times
One of the best things I've discovered in my two years in Philadelpia is Wawa, and the variety of coffees. I can spend considerable time in front of the coffee urns, trying to decide what flavors to mix.

Mmmmmmm .... Krispy Kreme ....

Old 03-22-2007, 06:05 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,595,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
One of the best things I've discovered in my two years in Philadelpia is Wawa, and the variety of coffees. I can spend considerable time in front of the coffee urns, trying to decide what flavors to mix.

Mmmmmmm .... Krispy Kreme ....
I was going to say Wawa. I also like Old City Coffee

http://www.oldcitycoffee.com/

Old 03-22-2007, 06:26 PM

538 posts, read 2,460,422 times
Default if you live in Bucks

The best coffee if you live near Philly or Bucks County is Bucks County Coffee Company. They are sold at Giant Foodstores and McCaffrey's. Awesome coffee.

Wawa Kenya is also very good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania