Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2008, 01:23 PM

4 posts, read 24,072 times

Advertisements

Hi I am from the Pittsburgh area and wish to relocate to erie. I recently viewed other posts about good areas to move to there(Lawrence Park anything above East 30th street, Glennwood, Weslyville, Fairview, Millcreek..etc.) I will be attending college there, but i am not sure which college exactly i will be attending. I did look into Edinboro but I am not sure if they have buses in the Erie area that go out that far. Do they?? Also I needed some info about the transportation there. How reliable is taking the bus around erie? If i needed to go to Mercyhurst College, Gannon Univ. or Penn State Behrend? Also i had an inquiry about Lawrence Park I know of someone who lives in that area but they do not know what rental agency to contact if I wanted to rent instead of purchasing a home. Might anyone be able to direct me to someone who knows this info? I do have the name of a gentleman called Charlie Bauer but i googled him online and could not find a realty property listing for him anywhere! If anyone can give me assistance with renting apartments, townhomes, or houses in erie please respond. Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 09:00 AM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
I asked my mom about Charlie Bauer and she said the name's familiar but she doesn't know him.

Wow, my mom doesn't know someone ... amazing.

Sorry, I don't know anyone in LP who rents homes. Maybe a call to a real estate office for help?

The transit company has changed all the route numbers since I last rode it, but most bus routes go downtown, and you transfer from there or from somewhere along the route. Buses do run to Behrend and Mercyhurst and just about anywhere else, and there's a free downtown trolley.

EMTA :: Wherever Life Takes You (http://www.emtaerie.com/index.html - broken link)

Old 04-25-2008, 09:52 AM

713 posts, read 1,865,264 times
I live in an apartment owned by the "Pastore" company. They have several apartment complexes and I haven't had any problems with the company so far. Website: Pastore -- Builders, Developers and Rentals since 1952

Erie is a great place to be a student due to the cheap cost of living. Just watch out for heating costs (I have electric heat...ouch!). I sometimes joke that if your monthly heating bill is higher than your rent, you must live in Erie. (For most places that's a big exaggeration, but not always!)

I wouldn't recommend living in Edinboro because of the commute, and gasoline prices have nowhere to go but up. Also, we get a TON of snow off of the lake, and Edinboro is in one of the heavier snowbelt zones. Commuting into Erie from Edinboro would be a real pain in the winter.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:04 PM

OK..Thank you both for the help.. I looked on the EMTA site but I do not see anything about yearly passes.. on the site. I will give them a call about that.. but O .. "kpoeppel" Pastore really did look like a good place to reside but when i went to the site i found out that "All Pastore communities are pet free."
lol I have two kittens at the moment..O well i will keep checking into things thanx again.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:42 AM

71 posts, read 302,625 times
My family currently lives in Lawrence Park... Im heading up there next weekend... I will see if I can get any info as far as rentals in the area... They have a lot of nice row houses for rent there... Alot of children in the area as well.. Good place to grow up...

Old 04-26-2008, 04:11 PM

713 posts, read 1,865,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetxstorm View Post
OK..Thank you both for the help.. I looked on the EMTA site but I do not see anything about yearly passes.. on the site. I will give them a call about that.. but O .. "kpoeppel" Pastore really did look like a good place to reside but when i went to the site i found out that "All Pastore communities are pet free."
lol I have two kittens at the moment..O well i will keep checking into things thanx again.
Oops. I forgot about that little detail. I have allergies and athsma, so I was specifically looking for a pet-free place. Sorry about that.

Here's a site with some good info: http://www.rentalguideerie.com/ They have a search engine that includes an option to search if cats or dogs are allowed.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:09 AM

ok.. thanks.. i have the rentalguide booklet. They sent me one to my address a week or so ago.. its just that some places are not listed in that Erie booklet. Thats why I decided to post a question on this forum..but ty all very much.. "MarinoG711" if you do find out any info about rentals in Lawrence Park please let me know.. you all have a great day!

Old 06-03-2008, 07:07 PM

1 posts, read 6,176 times
Default relocation to Erie and the Boro

Hi....currently attending Edinboro and yes there is bus service to the boro and back via the mall and the erie location for the university (porrecco center). You can catch the bus down town from the mall which will take you any where else in the area, although it is helpful to have a car sometimes in the winter. baldwin brothers and howard hanna are some good starting points for real estate. good luck....hope this helps

Old 07-06-2011, 07:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,480 times
Default apartment hunting

looking to rent a apartment in lawrence park area,in a nice neigborhood found a job near there. i would like utilities included, stove and refrigator. i am single, quiet , middle age woman.

Old 07-24-2014, 05:10 AM

6 posts, read 7,255 times
Looking for info on Monroe co....crime date ect scbools
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
View detailed profiles of: