Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 07:16 PM

2 posts, read 6,384 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are relocating to PA where he will be working at the Navel Defense Supply Center in Philadelphia. We are very intrigued with Quaker town. It looks like a nice quiet place to bring our family of 4. Two kids, 7 and 1. Is this town military friendly? Some areas are not because of the war in Iraq, and I dont want to be anywhere we are not wanted. We are looking for a nice quiet place with a good school for our son and good old fashioned values. We like to Ski, Ice skate, mountian bike,fish and go boating. My son plays baseball and my husband and I like to play on an adult team as well. We dont want a busy place, we are looking for a home with no less than an acre and at least 4 bedrooms. I love old farm homes, but not haunted ones! Any Ideas? Is this a nice area?
You can email me at my personal email address.
Kbdemcc@aol.com
Dawna and Kyle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2006, 01:12 PM

2 posts, read 6,384 times
Thank you so much! I will check it out.
Dawna

Old 07-17-2006, 06:08 PM

12 posts, read 57,940 times
I agree about Souderton/Harleysville. My younger son goes to college in Collegeville and I pass through there on my way. I don't know much about the schools, but very pretty area. Plus it is only about 20 minutes to Qtown where there is pretty good shopping.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:25 PM

179 posts, read 1,068,643 times
my girlfriend lives in the north wales/lansdale area. We go out to quakertown every so often. Nice area but yeah the commute into philly would be long. the further west of the city you go the better the prices are for houses. PA loves it's soldiers remember philly is the birthplace of liberty,

Old 07-18-2006, 07:09 AM

4,417 posts, read 9,159,641 times
I also reccomend Quakertown. It's a great community. However, people are correct about the commute. I would go down the rd a bit to Sellersville-Montgomeryville.

Old 07-26-2006, 10:13 AM

4 posts, read 12,799 times
Commute shammute!!!!!Quakertown is one of the cleanest towns I have ever been in.It is family kind and isn't that far of a commute.I have a friend in Modesto,CA who drives 2 hours a day one way to work->THAT is a commute:')>

-Big Al Ketelsen

Old 07-26-2006, 03:39 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,265,838 times
Hey Big Al, I can relate. I live in So. Calif., and the commute to go anywhere, and not just during rush hour, is horrible. We'll be moving to PA in 1-2 years, so I'm looking forward to less traffic. We are also looking at Quakertown since my mother-in-law lives in Allentown, and we don't want to be too far from there.

Old 12-26-2006, 03:48 PM

2 posts, read 9,804 times
Default qtown

i moved to quakertown when i was VERY little and lived there for 20 years and it is NOT as clean as it use to be! we actually were dying to move away from quakertown. not EVERYONE but most of the people in quakertown are generalized as RUDE and arrogant or drunk. we just moved to souderton only 20/25 minutes away and its really nice. i like it here a lot better. its a little closer to philly and yet you wouldn't know. i swear i know A LOT about quakertown so just ask me questions. i worked for the borough, the restaurants, went through the entire school district, active church member... i feel like i have a pretty accurate and honest interpretation just ask!

Old 12-26-2006, 04:28 PM

12 posts, read 26,008 times
You should realize that all the people who say the commute is longer are full of it. It's true that Quakertown is farther up 309 from the city, but people are forgetting that Quakertown has a turnpike exit while no other 309 towns (expect landsdale and Ft washington exit) have an exit.

Old 12-26-2006, 08:13 PM

1,047 posts, read 3,995,801 times
we live in Wisconsin now and my husband commutes to Newark NJ.But that's why we want to move to eastern Pa.Anywhere where the commute is only an hour and a half will be a dream come true! We love our Wi town though, and hope to find another perfect fit in Pa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania