Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 03:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,075 times

Advertisements

Hello.

I just signed up here because I had a forum question. I am 18 years old.

Here's my situation: My mother hooked me up with someone on the internet from Wales, UK on an internet message board.

So, I live in Pennsylvania (Erie). So, my question is this: What is the cost in Pound Sterlings (Welsh currency) for my friend from Cardiff to fly over to PA during this Summer? I can't even wait to meet her in person. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 05:46 PM

712 posts, read 1,974,172 times
Wait a minute here - you got a computer - look at the airlines - plane schedule, and look at how many times he / she would have to transfer from one airport to the next to get to where you are. Add the cost of all the plane tickets together and that would be the cost.

Then go to a site which will give you that days exchange rate US dollars vs Pounds and that will be how much it will cost her or you - either way.

If you contact any travel agent they will give you a price for the plane tickets. Just that they add a fee for doing the research for you.

Welcome to the forum.

One other little thing, most airlines now has a summer surcharge - as per which day of the week it is when they are flying. It might be cheaper to travel on one day as compared to another. So the price of the tickets would also change accordingly.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:44 PM

660 posts, read 1,656,938 times
You can get a cheap, direct flight from Cardiff to Pittsburgh for $650.00 round trip on KLM arirlines.

As of today's conversion rate, that would be 444.3 British Pounds

On Delta, it's $815.

Again, as of today's conversion rate, that's 557.1 British Pounds

Old 06-11-2010, 02:38 AM

10,216 posts, read 17,918,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bevis View Post
Wait a minute here - you got a computer - look at the airlines - plane schedule, and look at how many times he / she would have to transfer from one airport to the next to get to where you are. Add the cost of all the plane tickets together and that would be the cost.

Then go to a site which will give you that days exchange rate US dollars vs Pounds and that will be how much it will cost her or you - either way.
Or just go to the UK versions of these websites. Cheap Flights, Hotels, Airline Tickets, Cheap Tickets, Travel Deals - KAYAK - Compare Hundreds of Travel Sites At Once - if it reverts back to the US version, there should be the option to go to the UK version in the top right hand corner. I swap between the UK and US versions all the time to check flight prices for myself going back to the US and my family coming from the US to visit me in the UK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
View detailed profiles of: