Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2010, 09:12 AM

2,966 posts, read 3,934,680 times

Advertisements

Happy mother's day to all of you on this forum what are you all doing today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 12:44 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,826,204 times
Awww, thank you! How sweet.

We went to church this morning then stopped by the grocery store for some ham and I made Southern biscuits with ham for lunch. We live up North and my husband and kids bought me tons of southern foods for my gifts (I'm from Virginia) and I wanted to use them today.

They also surprised me with chocolate, a necklace and homemade cards. My husband cleaned the house and now he has the kids in the other room while I putz on the computer and read the paper. Ahhh, very nice!

Old 05-09-2010, 12:52 PM

2,467 posts, read 4,877,297 times
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

I had to go to work this morning for a few hours, but before I did my youngest got up at 6:00 a.m. and baked me brownies for breakfast. We are going to take my mother-in-law and my grandmother out to a late lunch/early dinner and then I'm going to come back home and put my feet up for the rest of the evening.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:23 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,246,164 times
Happy Mothers day too.

The boys organised breakfast at church for all the moms & families. And anyone else.

Then a quiet lunch at home for the family.

Then she went out for afternoon tea with some of her girl friends. I suspect that there was some shopping done too. When a group of women have time together with no kids, no husbands and no stress - I bet they do some shopping or at least window shopping.

Came home to the evening meal cooked for her - a pretty small and light one given the day had basically been an eating event. The family sat around and played uno on the back deck. The kids were on their best behaviour and had showers with out any complaining and went to bed on time without complaints.

Then we sat back and just enjoyed each others company.

Ahh a great day.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:07 AM

22,879 posts, read 19,513,004 times
Thank you for the Mother's Day wishes. Talked to my grown sons, who live in a different state. Reflected on life and being a parent. Felt both joy and sadness, cried both happy and sad tears. Spent time with a very dear man who told me just what I needed to hear, although I didn't know it until I heard it. Best wishes to all the moms out there of every age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting