Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 10:35 PM

4 posts, read 14,781 times

Advertisements

Everyone personally who I have asked says no, but they are all people who care about me and would tell me not to worry even if i should.

Whenever they take a bath, my son who is almost 3 sometimes will grasp my other son who is 18 months from behind. Almost in like a bearhug from back. He then will kiss him on the back repeatedly and whenever we say let go, we notice hes erect. Now I think it can only be one of a couple things, either A, he wants to play and is overly excited or B(and excuse me because its somewhat embarassing) he is mimicking mommys favorite thing to do every night(LOL). I dont recall him having every witnessed us having sex from that position, although its very possible, because he has free access to the hallways of our home and can come in easily anynight. We stopped having sex with the kids sleeping in the room when my son was around 11months, and we saw him seeing us one night(not doing that act though). We're not horrible people or perves its just(and anyone with kids can hopefully vouch) you have to do what you can do when you can do it, around naps, feedings, work, sleep, ETC. But we figured at 11mos, having stopped then wed be fine. We have been much much much more careful but I hope we didnt wreck his mind, or set him on a bad start to his life sexually. Everyone says hell get over, but I dont even know if this is what it is. Im NOT homophobic but I was hoping hed grow up straight and normal to avoid some of the hardships that some gays experience in life, but id love him regardless. Should I pay any attention to the fact that it was to a boy?

Would someone give me advice, but first tell me im dumb and i have nothing to worry about, and its normally to stress out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 10:45 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,009,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedMike View Post
Everyone personally who I have asked says no, but they are all people who care about me and would tell me not to worry even if i should.

Whenever they take a bath, my son who is almost 3 sometimes will grasp my other son who is 18 months from behind. Almost in like a bearhug from back. He then will kiss him on the back repeatedly and whenever we say let go, we notice hes erect. Now I think it can only be one of a couple things, either A, he wants to play and is overly excited or B(and excuse me because its somewhat embarassing) he is mimicking mommys favorite thing to do every night(LOL). I dont recall him having every witnessed us having sex from that position, although its very possible, because he has free access to the hallways of our home and can come in easily anynight. We stopped having sex with the kids sleeping in the room when my son was around 11months, and we saw him seeing us one night(not doing that act though). We're not horrible people or perves its just(and anyone with kids can hopefully vouch) you have to do what you can do when you can do it, around naps, feedings, work, sleep, ETC. But we figured at 11mos, having stopped then wed be fine. We have been much much much more careful but I hope we didnt wreck his mind, or set him on a bad start to his life sexually. Everyone says hell get over, but I dont even know if this is what it is. Im NOT homophobic but I was hoping hed grow up straight and normal to avoid some of the hardships that some gays experience in life, but id love him regardless. Should I pay any attention to the fact that it was to a boy?

Would someone give me advice, but first tell me im dumb and i have nothing to worry about, and its normally to stress out
Not to worry. You are reading too much into it. Are you related to "msdefiance' by chance? Cousins maybe?

Old 03-01-2010, 11:12 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
I gotta tell you, concernedMike, I was really touched by your post. Being a real parent, aint easy. I have no answer for you. Children seem to go through these stages but I am not knowledgable enough to know if at 3 this is "normal". I also would not want to make the mistake of saying it was and somehow missing out on warning signs.

My grandson (6) was recently in an episode with an older child that it has turned out, exhibited some unsettling signs for several years. Fortunately, hopefully, it will work out.

God bless you for trying to be an aware parent. Talk to a pediatrician. Read some books from the library on child development.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:34 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,051,162 times
I believe this behavior to fall well within the range of normal development. Not to worry.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:13 AM

2,467 posts, read 4,860,217 times
I will also concur with the others and your friends as well, that this falls well within the realms of normal. Your son is reaching the age of playing doctor and becoming aware of both his body and the bodies of others. He has no idea how to use his body or his parts but he is curious none the less. Little boys even at infancy will get an errection over nothing. If it really concerns you though, then you might stop bathing the two kids together.

As far as you and your spouse showing affection towards one another, that can be a good thing as long as it doesn't go to far. Kids need to see their parents happily in love so that they can develope a sense of what a healthy, happy relationship should be and when the time comes for them to be in relationships they will make good choices in who they date and marry.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:16 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,148,552 times
I agree with everyone. Don't worry. It's perfectly normal. I have two boys as well.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:40 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
When I noticed one of my sons touching the other one's privates in the bath tub I decided it was time for separate baths. I didn't make a big deal about it. It just matter of factly said they weren't going to take them together any more. No big deal. And lock your door when you have sex. jeez.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:54 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,736,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Not to worry. You are reading too much into it. Are you related to "msdefiance' by chance? Cousins maybe?
:: looks at join date ::

I seriously suspect they're on a rotation.

To the OP: It can be normal, but it would be best to have a gentle talk about touching...and then implement separate baths. If you don't make a big deal out of it, they won't either.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:28 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times
Little boys get erections for no reason at all. It happens without them giving any thought to it. It isn't a sexual arousal, it is them maturing physically. Even infants get erections. The water in the tub alone is enough to do the trick.
Either give them separate baths or ignore it.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:19 AM

4 posts, read 14,781 times
Well I will try to do some of the things suggested. He doesnt get random erections normally only in this scenario..... anyways hes a good kid, im still a new parent, i just dont want to
"mess him up" per se. Ill keep a closer eye and try seperate baths......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting