Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 08:34 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,399,178 times

Advertisements

Singlemom, that is great news! You must be so proud to see the change with your daughter. She has come to a point in which, she wanted the change in order to move forward. Good to know that you had therapy a well.

My soon to be 18 years old daughter, will graduate highschool this Sunday and headed to college four hours away. We as her parents', couldn't be more proud, as we know how difficult the steps were to achieve this. Our children will never be normal, but what is normal? Just excited to know that those who were lost have found themselves again. Getting connected with the right network for help and for those who are in the fight to want to change. God Bless all those who and will go through this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 09:56 PM

4,040 posts, read 7,440,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlemom1970 View Post
I have a 17 year old who has a history of issues. The main one has been an eating disorder, bipolar, anxiety, and lack of respect for ANY authority.

She has been in the hospital for treatment for all of these issue and I have taken her to professionals, psychologist, psychiatrist, dieticians for the past 5 year. I have spent all of my time and energy on her. I've also spent all my money on her and had to declare bankruptcy last year because I had to put her in a private school and ran up huge medical bills. I thought it would be well worth it if I helped her. I've tried to guide her, show her how to make decisions, promote my values. To no avail.
This post made me really sad - in fact, almost angry. It is so painful to see how an entire scruple-less system created to cater to a variety of "industries" and "experts" is crushing many poor unassuming parents under its weight.

"Lack of respect for ANY authority".
I could write 3 volumes on this...it starts with the first three years of life and parents with brains enveloped in PC, "expert" fog.

Sorry for the lack of concrete advice, just had to say it.

Last edited by syracusa; 06-10-2010 at 10:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting