Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 09:15 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,231,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Anyone who is funding their life style should have some say in their lifestyle. So if they are on welfare, and demanding more welfare, the people funding welfare have a vested interest in their life.

If they are not on welfare, nobody really has any grounds to say anything.

No you don't. You don't have a right to judge.

And by the way, I"m sure that those on welfare know at least 10 people who are working and paying taxes. Their money alone can fund a large part of what they receive.

Does anyone realize how hard it is to get welfare? They don't just hand it to anyone!

And it's not whole bunch of cash like you all think. It's far from. And you have to prove you really need it. And the mothers must go to school or work part time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 09:52 AM

705 posts, read 1,760,675 times
Quote:
If you're talking about my father, no, and I've no idea who else you might be talking about. But yeah, politicians are a waste of earth's resources. They would be more productively consumed by hordes of rats, maggots, dung beetles, or aggressively gay rhinoceroses.
No...the dad we are all talking about here, the Dugger dad. I really have no idea who you are.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:01 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,935,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
Of course I do. And so do you. Read your own words below:

Quote:
And it's not whole bunch of cash like you all think. It's far from. And you have to prove you really need it. And the mothers must go to school or work part time.
So they *do* have input into the recipient's life and judge their lifestyle. If I give a gift, I can attach strings to it. If you don't like the strings attached, don't accept the gift.

I've been on both sides of this coin.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Of course I do. And so do you. Read your own words below:

So they *do* have input into the recipient's life and judge their lifestyle. If I give a gift, I can attach strings to it. If you don't like the strings attached, don't accept the gift.

I've been on both sides of this coin.

Your taxes are not a gift to anyone.

It's the narcissistic pompous attitudes like this that ruin our good country

And my statement was not a judgement. It is a fact. The reason they reqiure those to do so is for the good of this country as a whole. It educates them and helps them to pay into the system they are getting help from.

I have about 20 friends and 50 family members who are happy to help out a few people in need. I was one of them with medicaid for 7 months. So our taxes should cover some people for a while

And putting restrictions and regulating such things as welfare has nothing to do with judging. That has everything to do with you.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:20 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,458,477 times
Quote:

And by the way, I"m sure that those on welfare know at least 10 people who are working and paying taxes. Their money alone can fund a large part of what they receive.

Does anyone realize how hard it is to get welfare? They don't just hand it to anyone!

I have every right to judge what I think is a wackaloon way of life. Check in with the psychology community and they will tell you turning your children into little adults because you can't keep up with the number of kids you have had is not a good thing.

As I have said, I watched the freak show out of curiosity but I would not allow my child to do so because I feared the influence it would have on her. Its my responsibility to judge and we all so it, even you christians, you just cloak it under something else. I however am not a christian, I can judge all I want.

I stick with my opinion that if you have to get a TV freak show to shove your kids on camera to pay for their upkeep, you have too many children. Its not a normal environment for the children and the parents are USING the children to make a living. Its not right.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:24 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,706,289 times
Somebody in another thread thought the Duggars didn't have to pay taxes any longer because they had over eight children. Yup thought it was pure fact because a friend of a friend said that once you had eight children....no more taxes

Old 09-02-2009, 12:33 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,204,032 times
Quote:
If you're talking about my father, no, and I've no idea who else you might be talking about. But yeah, politicians are a waste of earth's resources. They would be more productively consumed by hordes of rats, maggots, dung beetles, or aggressively gay rhinoceroses.
Jim Bob Dugger held some kind of political office once.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:35 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,204,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Somebody in another thread thought the Duggars didn't have to pay taxes any longer because they had over eight children. Yup thought it was pure fact because a friend of a friend said that once you had eight children....no more taxes
I'd like to see some link to that. I've never heard that.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:56 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,935,661 times
Quote:
Your taxes are not a gift to anyone.
True, they are extracted from my by threat of force which makes them more like extortion than gifts.

And that falls in line with the rest of your logic as well. I have as much say over what a thief does with money he steals from me as the government, and for the same reasons.

Quote:
It's the narcissistic pompous attitudes like this that ruin our good country
I'm narcissistic and pompous for judging how other people mishandle money they steal from me?

Quote:
And my statement was not a judgement. It is a fact.
It involves judgment. Some one, a person, must review the people and what they are doing with their life. If that person judges that their lifestyle is not worth of welfare, they don't get it.

Since it is partially my money, I fail to understand why you are opposed to *me* having some input into that judgment process.

Quote:
The reason they reqiure those to do so is for the good of this country as a whole. It educates them and helps them to pay into the system they are getting help from.
And yet you don't think I have the right to judge what is "good for the country" when it is my money being used to fund it?

How about this. You go ahead and claim I don't have the right to judge what other people do with my money, and I'll just go ahead and do it anyway.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
True, they are extracted from my by threat of force which makes them more like extortion than gifts.

And that falls in line with the rest of your logic as well. I have as much say over what a thief does with money he steals from me as the government, and for the same reasons.

I'm narcissistic and pompous for judging how other people mishandle money they steal from me?

It involves judgment. Some one, a person, must review the people and what they are doing with their life. If that person judges that their lifestyle is not worth of welfare, they don't get it.

Since it is partially my money, I fail to understand why you are opposed to *me* having some input into that judgment process.

And yet you don't think I have the right to judge what is "good for the country" when it is my money being used to fund it?

How about this. You go ahead and claim I don't have the right to judge what other people do with my money, and I'll just go ahead and do it anyway.
I cannot find a bit of sense in this post. Therefore I cannot respond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting