Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 06:35 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,642,487 times

Advertisements

One thing with night terrors and possibly what you are going through-try having them go to the bathroom when this is going on. I know it sounds strange but ALL of our kids when through this at about this age, probably a little older because they were potty trained at the time. A friend suggested taking them to the bathroom and it WORKED. I don't know why or how but it did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 12:14 AM

2,743 posts, read 14,347,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
One thing with night terrors and possibly what you are going through-try having them go to the bathroom when this is going on. I know it sounds strange but ALL of our kids when through this at about this age, probably a little older because they were potty trained at the time. A friend suggested taking them to the bathroom and it WORKED. I don't know why or how but it did.
Yep! Same thing happened with my boys. They were a little older (4ish) and I remember with the firstborn being baffled. I would walk him to the bathroom, he'd cry the whole way. Help him get the seat up, help him get his pants down.. as soon as he peed, he quit crying. He never really fully woke up for any of this either!

Old 08-09-2009, 09:42 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,869,419 times
Here is something I did every night with a little girl I babysat/took care of for 2 1/2 weeks. This little girl was a bit older (3 or 4 I don't rightly recall) but she was also a victim of child molestation and always had nightmare, bed wets and all.

Every night we (I) would say our prayers / affirmations. Nothing serious just basicly: I fill this room with light and love, no harm shall befall thee. The past cannot come back to hurt thee, the present is filled with light and love, no harm shall befall thee. sleep safe without tears sleep soundly without fears, no harm shall ever befall thee for the light and love shall always protect thee.

The idea is to just have a simple saying that the understands that it is safe and nothing will hurt them... from past present or furture at least while they sleep. It helped her while I took care of her. she didn't have so many nasty dreams and I didn't have to change the bed sheets every night. too bad her caretakers didn't keep it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting