Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 09:35 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,481,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaven View Post
cr1039 has a very valid point but at the same time I will always go with safety first. I took my oldest son in with me to the ladies room until he was 6. At 7 now, every time he goes in I wait close to the door until he comes out. If I have to go in he waits right next to the door and is drilled into him to scream bloody murder if someone touches him or he feels unsafe. And even then I hurry as fast as I can with a small feeling of anxiety until we're together.
Safety of children will always outrank the potential discomfort of others. While I sympathize for those who do not like sharing a womens bathroom with young boys it's not going to stop me from keeping my kids safe when out in public.
Bingo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 09:44 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,500,088 times
i would have asked the father how he let his young daughter go into a public restroom by herself.
my son will come into the womens' room until he can 1. defend himself, or 2. there is a man i trust bringing hm into the mens' room.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:48 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,880,774 times
One little request of the ladies. If you have more than one boy that you are sending into a locking public bathroom, please, PLEASE, send them in one at a time. I'm getting just a little tired of doing the pee-pee dance outside of the door, while the little brats paper towel the bathroom and slap the urinal handle a couple dozen times. All the while, mommy is 5 feet away blissfully engaged in a phone conversation.

On second thought, just bring them with you to the ladies room until they hit puberty. LOL.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
One little request of the ladies. If you have more than one boy that you are sending into a locking public bathroom, please, PLEASE, send them in one at a time. I'm getting just a little tired of doing the pee-pee dance outside of the door, while the little brats paper towel the bathroom and slap the urinal handle a couple dozen times. All the while, mommy is 5 feet away blissfully engaged in a phone conversation.

On second thought, just bring them with you to the ladies room until they hit puberty. LOL.

Perhaps you shouldn't wait until it is an emergency before you decide to visit the restroom...

Old 07-16-2009, 09:51 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,880,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Perhaps you shouldn't wait until it is an emergency before you decide to visit the restroom...
Perhaps some of us work outdoors, and do not have a fixed restroom to use.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:57 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,918,474 times
I was riased in teh 50s being that age. At 5 I would have gone tot eh biys room but mother would take boys to the womens. I guess its not teh same any more so my guess is that if a woean wants to take her child to teh ladies she needs to make sure theire are no tiher girls in the restroom and satndby the door reqally. i nw most people would not awant a boy in the reatroom with thier female child .

Old 07-16-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Perhaps some of us work outdoors, and do not have a fixed restroom to use.
But you were just at the restroom...so one is apparently available yes? I tried to teach my kids when they were little to plan ahead. I generally do the same. Now I will admit on occasion, I find myself in a quandry but for the most part I understand that if I have 5 cups of coffee there is a consequence to that. That said, I also teach my kids to go in, do their business, wash their hands and come out. It is a restroom not a playroom. You addressed moms, any reason dads can't offer the same instruction to their kids?

Old 07-16-2009, 10:24 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,328,568 times
I still take my 8 year old son in the ladies room if there isn't a 'family bathroom' handy. What's the big deal? We all know what's going on in the bathroom.

I would have told that dad to leave me alone or I would call the police.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:27 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,590,948 times
Quote:

I would never call a ladies child "little brats". I am the kind of mom that if you did that to my angels, I would be encouraging them to enjoy their playtime in the bathroom!

(Well you get the idea!)

Old 07-16-2009, 10:33 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,590,948 times
LaredoBuzz.com » Blog Archive » MAN ARRESTED FOR INDECENCY WITH A CHILD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting