Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 09:11 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,092,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffela74 View Post
Injury rates are much less with these. And again, I work with trampolines...on a daily basis. But of course, someone who has never done the courses/classes/clinics knows more/better.
but whatever, again, people will do what they want, regardless. Im done trying to help. Some people just really don't care. The lure of a trampoline is more than the safety/well being of their kiddos. Thats their choice.
Well...you put your kids in a car everyday...and we know the mortality/accident/injury rates there.....lets not get so defensive...we're talking trampolines here.
I'm sure there are just as many capable parents out there who can supervise their kids on a trampoline without being a "professional".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,073 times
my 14 year old used one , the people never took care of it , still kept it up . the parents did not supervize . now she has a broken wrist . if you get one have a sfety net , one child at a time and make sure you are watching . they are very dangerous . we are lucky my daughter did not get paralysed

Old 07-07-2009, 02:42 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,281,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOfToo View Post
Hello,

I was sure where else to post this. My 7 and 3 year old really want a trampoline. I always told myself I wouldn't get one because of the danger but being that my hubby got laid off and we can't afford camp this summer, I was thinking of getting them one. I found this one on TRU's website that comes with the enclosure and it got some really good reviews. Do any of you have one? Are they dangerous even with the enclosure? My kids use my nephew's and love it...I think they'll be outside all day! Do you think this is a good one??

Spartan Sports 14' Trampoline and Enclosure Combo - Toys "R" Us
I did the trampoline deal. It's not as great as the kids want it to be. It also has to sit out in the weather and the pad ring that goes along the outside rots out after a couple of years. They don't play on in nearly enough to justify having to move it every time I mow. I wish I had my money back from that one...in addition to a lot of other things like that.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:02 PM

23 posts, read 42,821 times
I don't often post, but I had to share this. An old friend of my husbands (an adult) was playing on a trampoline. He did a flip, and his knee hit his nose with such force that it got lodged in his brain. He had to be air-lifted to the hospital and had to have several surgeries. Amazingly, he is alright now. Call me over-protective, but it will be a cold day in Hell before I let my kids get on a trampoline.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:31 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,514,252 times
All I can say is watch Americas Funniest Home Videos for awhile and you won't want a trampoline!

Old 07-11-2009, 10:06 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,926,523 times
My neighbor's two year old granddaughter broke her leg on another neighbor's trampoline, and it had the enclosure, too. Trampolines can be very dangerous. And it's cheaper just to enjoy your summer naturally, by playing in the sprinkler, taking a walk in the woods, going to the park, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting