Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 12:39 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,931,681 times

Advertisements

Last night at the movies, I was waiting for my sweetie to get his drink, and behind me I heard some young teenagers laughing and talking amongst themselves.

One of them said something like "Hey Brittany, what did your dad say about what happened the other day?" and she replied, "Hah, my dad doesn't know anything about my life. He's totally in the dark!"

Evil took hold of me at that moment, and I walked over near them and said in my best mom-voice, "BRITTANY!"

The girl in question jumped and looked around at me, and I said "Brittany, your dad said to tell you that no matter where you are, he has his spies watching!"

The looks on their faces were priceless. And then I just turned around and walked away giggling to myself.

Yes, I'm evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 01:05 PM

821 posts, read 2,041,196 times
Too funny - I have to remember that one!

I must say that when i was a kid My cousin knew everyone
so i was always much more careful and unlikely to do something
because i was always worried that someone would tell him something
i did...

You probably did Dad a huge favor

Old 12-30-2008, 01:12 PM

241 posts, read 1,337,276 times
Haha! We have 16-yr-old twin daughters, and they think we're in the dark as well. What they don't know is that the new cell phones I got them for Christmas come with GPS tracking!

Oddly, one of them also is named Brittany, and she went to the movies last night. You weren't in Kentucky by chance?

Old 12-30-2008, 01:14 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,315,484 times
Oh how I wish they would have been MY kids!

Old 12-30-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralGuy View Post
Haha! We have 16-yr-old twin daughters, and they think we're in the dark as well. What they don't know is that the new cell phones I got them for Christmas come with GPS tracking!

Oddly, one of them also is named Brittany, and she went to the movies last night. You weren't in Kentucky by chance?
Nope, not in Kentucky so it wasn't your Brittany

Old 12-30-2008, 01:38 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,934,675 times
My mom used to tell us that all the time, "There are more people who know who you are than you know." Kept me scared enough to stay out of major trouble.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:53 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,774,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Last night at the movies, I was waiting for my sweetie to get his drink, and behind me I heard some young teenagers laughing and talking amongst themselves.

One of them said something like "Hey Brittany, what did your dad say about what happened the other day?" and she replied, "Hah, my dad doesn't know anything about my life. He's totally in the dark!"

Evil took hold of me at that moment, and I walked over near them and said in my best mom-voice, "BRITTANY!"

The girl in question jumped and looked around at me, and I said "Brittany, your dad said to tell you that no matter where you are, he has his spies watching!"

The looks on their faces were priceless. And then I just turned around and walked away giggling to myself.

Yes, I'm evil.
I LOVE IT. I must be evil too.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralGuy View Post
Better hope neither of them is very tech-savvy. The trackers can be disabled a variety of ways. Just sayin'

Old 12-30-2008, 02:58 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,374,784 times
My Dad worked for a company that had service trucks all over. He told my Brother and I that every time we saw one of those trucks, they were his eyes. I guess they all knew what types of cars their teenagers drove and would watch for eachothers kids and report to eachother!!

Evil parents

Old 12-30-2008, 05:40 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,413,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeg26 View Post
My Dad worked for a company that had service trucks all over. He told my Brother and I that every time we saw one of those trucks, they were his eyes. I guess they all knew what types of cars their teenagers drove and would watch for eachothers kids and report to eachother!!

Evil parents
We have a good friend who is a state patrolman. His son couldn't get away with ANYTHING because all of those cop cars DID have eyes .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting