Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2008, 04:11 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,539,521 times

Advertisements

I have an almost two year old who will not leave the crib sheet on her crib. That isn;t a huge deal but she then pickes at the plastic on the crib mattress and made a whole. So I flipped the mattress. I then bought this mattress cover that was plastic for crib mattres that had a zipper on it. She has ripped apart two of those. I'm looking for a way to safely keep the crib sheet on. I 'm not a person who sews but I can do basic stuff. I know there are special need parents that may have this issue and might have really good ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 04:16 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
You have a simple problem. A neighbors twin boys used to get a coin and take the screws out of the baby bed at that age and completely take the bed apart.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:22 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,618,297 times
Google zippered safety crib sheets and you'll find an easy solution.
Here's an example:
QuickZip Safety Crib Sheet Set - Basic Crib Bedding - Bedding & Blankets - Nursery - BabyCenter Store

Old 11-22-2008, 07:05 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,496,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
You have a simple problem. A neighbors twin boys used to get a coin and take the screws out of the baby bed at that age and completely take the bed apart.
wow! that is just amazing!

Old 11-22-2008, 07:33 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
Time for a twin regular mattress perhaps?? Put the boxspring and mattress on the floor, and then she won't roll down far if she rolls, NOR climb under it

Old 11-23-2008, 06:31 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,944,075 times
You said you can do simple sewing. The simplest way would be to get a piece of fabric that will wrap all the way around the mattress. Lay the fabric on the floor, then lay the mattress down. Fold one end of the fabric up and over the mattress... bring it to just past center. Then bring the other end up just past center the other way. Baste the long ends/sides, remove the fabric and sew a straight stitch down each long end.

It's the simplest way to make a pillow case too. I learned this technique from Martha Stewart a long time ago - she was using a small hand towel to make a pillow case for a small travel pillow for a child. I made one for each of my kids and they love it!

Old 11-23-2008, 07:25 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,192,866 times
Is it posssible that the child is spending too much time awake in her crib? A crib is for sleeping, not just lying there awake with nothing to do. It sounds as if she is spending too much time in the crib.

Yes, I know what that remark sounds like, but I have known tooooo many women that use the crib as a playpen to get the child out of the way. When does she do this? Is it before she goes to sleep, or after she wakes up? Perhaps just a slight change in hours might make a difference. If it's during the day at naptime, perhaps she is one of these children that simply does not need a nap as much as she used to.

what I am trying to say....perhaps not too well....is that the problem may not be with the sheets, but with her sleep time. If that's the case, some adustments may need to be made.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:35 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,240,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I didn't need to hear that! We have 7 mo. old twin boys and they already are trying to rip the bumpers off their cribs and will rock the crib to bang it against the wall.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,398 times
I think your baby don’t have any toy to play in crib. You should buy some toys so that baby will spend time in playing with toys. Baby will get diverted because of toys and she will not tear it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting