Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 10:14 AM

859 posts, read 2,149,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonguru View Post
HA,HA,HA,HA, you obviously havent had a nightmare stepchild.. He is 18, wait till he shows up at 2:00 am drunk and telling you to go "F" yourself. Wait till you have that fealing of grabing him by the throat and smashing his punk face. Wait till he puts his hands on your potential wife, knowing you can do nothing,you can call the cops, but he will be back. It sounds like a loose,loose , for you. I dont know you, but take my words, get out while you can. You should look elsewhere. He is 18, he obviously has no future and before long will be back at home making Moms, and your life unbearable.....

No I have not and I am not the OP I just gave my thoughts on this.

My husband is Stepdad to all 3 of my Kids, and he never had to go thru this.

But man you sound like a real treat,, are you a stepdad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 10:20 AM

16 posts, read 35,156 times
what do you mean by real treat ? btw...this is a domestic partnership.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:37 AM

859 posts, read 2,149,543 times
Read what he wrote... to me thats just wrong.
But hey I dont have my kids beating/pushing/ telling me F off so what do I know ..

Old 10-29-2008, 10:40 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,543,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downbutneverout View Post
big blow up between him and i, at which time i realized, mom wants to get him the heck out, knows it's what should be done, so finally we were a united front. guess he has a friend who has a room for rent, so,hopefully, (keyword) he is going there. i am not asking any questions, i am being very positive, offering to drive him there, help pack his clothes etc. chances are he will see how good he had it here, and whine to come back. not a chance in hell. if we have to go into lock down mode with our house, ok, but he will not come back here to live. i am keeping my fingers crossed this room works out, and the friend is agreeable to it.
Good for you. I don't envy you this situation. I was lucky and become my son's step-mom at age 6 and his dad wouldn't tolerated any disrepect towards me.
It's not going to be easy but I would fight his moving back in tooth and nail.
You and your partner HAVE to have a united front.
I'm glad to see you have left the lines of communication open. It will help in the long run.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:00 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,819,491 times
Now that he'll be gone, you'll have the upper hand. DO NOT LET HIM COME BACK!!! If you do... you lose.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:31 PM

room didn't pan out, back a few steps. i am really discouraged. feeling like it is too much of an uphill battle. mom feels the same. we are definitely at our wits end, and to make matters worse, he is being charged with a felony.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:32 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
room didn't pan out, back a few steps. i am really discouraged. feeling like it is too much of an uphill battle. mom feels the same. we are definitely at our wits end, and to make matters worse, he is being charged with a felony.
I keep telling you - you need some professional intervention. Have you looked into any Tough Love groups in your area yet????

Old 10-30-2008, 07:21 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,371,846 times
Quote:
to make matters worse, he is being charged with a felony.
He is going to be getting a real wake-up call, and you and Mom are not going to be the ones giving it to him. There are rules in life, he broke them, and the law is coming down on him. He's going to have to pay for his actions now.

I wouldn't pay for his lawyer. He got into this trouble all on his own. He can get himself a public defender. Don't enable him even more. Don't bail him out on this one. He's done nothing to deserve that.

I feel bad for Mom (and you), but maybe paying for his crime will wake him up and he'll make some changes in his life. Let's hope that happens.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:36 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,819,491 times
Let him be, he's only caused his own problems, let him solve them. Once he's out, don't let him back in.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:49 PM

let him be? you have no idea how hard that is. being rude, yelling, swearing is his normal way of life. you're right..once he's out, he will not come back. he has no job, and no money saved. maybe i should find him a cheap place, pay the rent for 3 months and be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting